PCC Guy

TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

On 1/8/2020 at 5:45 PM, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

I have been told that 4133 is missing it’s front centre light and that 4069 4104 have there poles down.

It is indeed missing its front light, I saw it today. I think now it's also missing the side lights now too. It's at the very front of the deadline.

edit: it still has the side lights intact.

Edited by 7749
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2020 at 9:03 PM, 7749 said:

It is indeed missing its front light, I saw it today. I think now it's also missing the side lights now too. It's at the very front of the deadline.

I think it's just its right side light but I didn't pay much attention unfortunately. Behind it is 4170, 4048, 4068 (I think?), 4178, 4104 and 4085, all on Track 19

Track 20 has 4042 and Track 21 has 4085 4053 at the front, both missing their front light. Both cars appear to be missing their left side light as well.

4001 and one of the PCCs is sitting inside on Track 7.

Edit: Can't have two 4085's. Track 21 was 4053 (looked like it was 4058 tho).

just_4133.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2020 at 9:08 PM, Wayside Observer said:

It’s interesting to think that 1976 is far enough back now that not only are those streetcars retired but the people working in those pictures would be enjoying retirement now too.

The shedman sweeping the PCC later went to Greenwood Shops and worked on subway gearboxes, I was told he retired about five years ago or so!

• Like 5

4133 is stripped

EDIT: Tho retired 4133 is still picking a fight as it's pole is up and still powering the side lights.

Edited by splendidwizardplayer
  • Like 3
  • Sad 6

23 hours ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

4133 is stripped

EDIT: Tho retired 4133 is still picking a fight as it's pole is up and still powering the side lights.

Well then, the side lights are still there. This is why taking pictures of unpowered cars at night without a zoom can give misleading details. It seriously looked like a light was missing but it could have been the shadows.

• Like 1

I have been told that it looks like 4042 is gone and that 4105 is stripped

Edit: I am being told that 4042 left today and that possibly 4074 4133 4123 are gone

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

Does anyone know why they're removing the headlight or side lights? Plenty of others went to the scrap with all the lights.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Does anyone know why they're removing the headlight or side lights? Plenty of others went to the scrap with all the lights.

The cars that left with all the lights intact went to a museum. The headlight and left side track light is removed to remove an important component that’s just behind those lights

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

The cars that left with all the lights intact went to a museum. The headlight and left side track light is removed to remove an important component that’s just behind those lights

Really. I thought i saw ones dismantled on flatbeds with no trucks that still had the headlights. I guess I was wrong.

2 hours ago, MK78 said:

Really. I thought i saw ones dismantled on flatbeds with no trucks that still had the headlights. I guess I was wrong.

The ALRVs has the component in a different spot, hence why they left intact

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

The ALRVs has the component in a different spot, hence why they left intact

Ah maybe thats what I remember seeing... thanks for that.

I'm guessing something with the TRUMP/GPS? I dont think they'd want those going to scrap, even though they're obsolete.

13 hours ago, Streety McCarface said:

What component is it? 

Connections for the front N/A antenna is what I've been told.

Dan

• Thanks 4

6 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

4021 departed yesterday (i.e. January 15, 2020).

And 4164 today.

• Sad 9

Wiki has been updated to include recently mentioned units as stripped and the scrap dates for 4021 and 4164. Until more units are stripped or removed from property, I will be leaving them as active.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1