PCC Guy

TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

45 minutes ago, CLRV4002 said:

It looks like TTC Customer Service is providing contradictory information, but as far is I know, the CLRV extras should be running next Saturday on the 501. 

The website had said there'd be CLRV service on 511 on December 28th, but all I'm seeing now is the announcement that the last day is tomorrow (Sunday).

Where do they still contradict this?

http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Service_changes/Dec501.jsp

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nfitz said:

The website had said there'd be CLRV service on 511 on December 28th, but all I'm seeing now is the announcement that the last day is tomorrow (Sunday).

Where do they still contradict this?

http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Service_changes/Dec501.jsp

Perhaps they changed the plan then? The website, along with the coupler said before that they were running until the 28th. I guess we’ll have to see next Saturday. 
https://www.ttc.ca/News/2019/November/21_11_19nr_CLRV_contest.jsp

For example that TTC post says until the 28th. Even their Instagram posts say until the 28th for the 501 and 511. 

https://stevemunro.ca/2019/11/06/ttc-service-changes-effective-november-24-2019/

Now according to this under the CLRV retirement section, today is the last day of the 501 extras. I don’t really have a definitive answer anymore. 😂😂

• Like 1

My hauls from today.

(Excuse the Instagram link, but if I waited for these photos to upload to Imgur, we would have a vintage Flexity unit fully restored by the time the upload was done).

Hard to believe that the next time I see these units, it will be their last day of service. I can't imagine a Toronto without em.

• Like 13

37 minutes ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

I was looking at the 511 on Transsee and there is more flexitys than CLRVs on today.

They couldn’t just leave it alone with the CLRVs for one final week? TTC management is so stingy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

I was looking at the 511 on Transsee and there is more flexitys than CLRVs on today.

Incorrect. Bathurst is half CLRV, half Flexity. 4024, 4048, 4164 and 4193 are the Cs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CLRV4094 said:

Incorrect. Bathurst is half CLRV, half Flexity. 

Ugh what a horrible thing to wake up to. Those Queen CLRV cars better come out today. 

Edit: Horrible for me and transit enthusiasts but good news for those with accessibility needs. I remember seeing an elderly person with a walker at Bathurst and College last weekend and when the operator offered to help her get to the streetcar she said she called for a cab already. There is need for some of these cars on this route even though it makes fanning difficult.

Edited by christine
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, christine said:

Ugh what a horrible thing to wake up to. Those Queen CLRV cars better come out today. 

Edit: Horrible for me and transit enthusiasts but good news for those with accessibility needs. I remember seeing an elderly person with a walker at Bathurst and College last weekend and when the operator offered to help her get to the streetcar she said she called for a cab already. There is need for some of these cars on this route even though it makes fanning difficult.

^ This bears repeating. There are still people outside of this basement dweller echo chamber that need to get around.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Streety McCarface said:

Lol the one day I come to Toronto the 501 cars aren’t running.

What's wrong with riding them on 511? I was there yesterday riding them on 511.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Orion V said:

What's wrong with riding them on 511? I was there yesterday riding them on 511.

Came specifically to get shots of the CLRVs going over the don river and at the car house routes. Have ridden and shot the 511 a bunch. 

also, not being able to ride 4178 and 4001 sucks.

• Like 1