Jump to content
PCC Guy

TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, CLRV4094 said:

Not for long... looks like broke down at Bay and Queen.

 

Edit-It was due to a collision. Currently it and 4123 are stuck there.

 

Do you know if it was involved in the collision or it was just blocked by a collision involving autos?

3 hours ago, CLRV4094 said:

Also didn't last long. Is now back at Russell in the carhouse. 4053 is in the dead tracks signed onto 511 still, with it's issues I'd say it's done.

And now 4104 seems to have gone back on the 511 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CLRV4002 said:

Do you know if it was involved in the collision or it was just blocked by a collision involving autos?

No streetcars we involved in the collision.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

Did the ALRV demo 4900 use a flipdot sign or a rollsign?

300px-Urban_Transportation_Development_Corporation_4900-a.jpg

Flip dot on front, rollsign for the rest.

Should note that 4187 appears to be heading to 511, 4178 at fleet loop and 4048 is on Gerrard.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scrap CLRV 4143 + 4071 + 4165 + 4100 + 4091 + 409? sitting on Track 20 On Sunday.

CLRV 4042 sitting track 21 being used for 511 cars.

CLRV 4051 sitting on track 22

LRV 4539 + 4551 + 4460 sitting in the yard to go into service on 501

CLRV 4178 + 4057 + 4124 + 4081 sitting in the yard to go into service on 501

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

Did the ALRV demo 4900 use a flipdot sign or a rollsign?

300px-Urban_Transportation_Development_Corporation_4900-a.jpg

I just noticed that 4900 doesn't have those two "boxes" with the vents on the roof like the rest of the ALRVs. What's up with that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 minutes ago, Downsview 108 said:

I just noticed that 4900 doesn't have those two "boxes" with the vents on the roof like the rest of the ALRVs. What's up with that?

 

Because its two CLRV body's paried 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

Likely because it's demo or TTC wanted those boxes

What do those boxes even do?

 

Ventilation.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drum118 said:

Scrap CLRV 4143 + 4071 + 4165 + 4100 + 4091 + 409? sitting on Track 20 On Sunday.

CLRV 4042 sitting track 21 being used for 511 cars.

CLRV 4051 sitting on track 22

LRV 4539 + ? + 4460 sitting in the yard to go into service on 501

CLRV 4178 + 4057 + 4124 + 4081 sitting in the yard to go into service on 501

The other 409x is 4094 and 4053 was behind 4042 early this morning.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notable CLRV ads that caught my mind:

4053, 4057? and 4127 were wrapped to promote recycling

4040 was promoted for the memoriam

4178 was wrapped to prevent Saudi oil

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jor said:

Notable CLRV ads that caught my mind:

4053, 4057? and 4127 were wrapped to promote recycling

4040 was promoted for the memoriam

4178 was wrapped to prevent Saudi oil

Wasn’t there a SIG that also had the recycling wrap?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Wasn’t there a SIG that also had the recycling wrap?

Iirc it was 4003  it was 4001

2 hours ago, jor said:

Notable CLRV ads that caught my mind:

4053, 4057? and 4127 were wrapped to promote recycling

4040 was promoted for the memoriam

4178 was wrapped to prevent Saudi oil

If we are talking about 2000 wraps b/c if we are not then 4000, 4002 & 4005 where wrapped for Ontario's 200th birthday

Edited by splendidwizardplayer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, splendidwizardplayer said:

Iirc it was 4003

If we are talking about 2000 wraps b/c if we are not then 4000, 4002 & 4005 where wrapped for Ontario's 200th birthday

4000 4002 and 4005 were painted if I am not mistaken. Also wasn’t one of them for Toronto’s birthday? If I recall it was 4002. 4175 was also supposed to as well but it wasn’t due to paint issues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

4000 4002 and 4005 were painted if I am not mistaken. Also wasn’t one of them for Toronto’s birthday? If I recall it was 4002. 4175 was also supposed to as well but it wasn’t due to paint issues.

4002 was for the Toronto sesquicentennial and look at more info yes they are painted my mistake.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...