PCC Guy

TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

6 hours ago, smallspy said:

It's not my place or time to divulge or release info that isn't ready to be divulged or released.

But there is definitely things progressing, and it's not certainly not due to a "lack of interest".

Subtle, very subtle.

I was on 4184 today and the motor sounded very weird. Making some odd noises. Almost sounded like a humping noise, if you know what I mean...

• Haha 8

Planning a foam day for Sunday. Probably go to Russell the Don River Bridge and a few more places to catch the CLRV’s

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, John Oke said:

Planning a foam day for Sunday. Probably go to Russell the Don River Bridge and a few more places to catch the CLRV’s

I am foaming on Saturday. I plan to go for the 511, and if time permits I will go to Russell. From photos I have seen, 4165 is parked at the back of the deadline so it should be easy to confirm if it’s done or not.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

I am foaming on Saturday. I plan to go for the 511, and if time permits I will go to Russell. From photos I have seen, 4165 is parked at the back of the deadline so it should be easy to confirm if it’s done or not.

It's done. Save your time.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Streety McCarface said:

Subtle, very subtle.

He’s like the house comedian at Club 54 in Burlington. He’s got this act he uses every night and new material rarely gets added.

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, christine said:

It's done. Save your time.

Basically anything that goes over there is dead now. I do plan on going down to Queen for the CLRV extra, so I might as well. Haven’t been down to Russell in about 2 or 3 months.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Basically anything that goes over there is dead now. I do plan on going down to Queen for the CLRV extra, so I might as well. Haven’t been down to Russell in about 2 or 3 months.

Haven’t been to Russell since the ALRV farewell trip

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

I have scheduled the weekend after next for foam. I may visit the yard.

54 minutes ago, John Oke said:

Haven’t been to Russell since the ALRV farewell trip

Relax. I haven't been inside Russell since 2002.

• Like 4

On 12/12/2019 at 6:25 AM, Robert Lubinski said:

4193 hasn't been out for some time and this morning it shows on Transsee as "last seen" about 12 hours ago. If anyone passes by Russell keep a lookout for it to have the headlight missing or joining the dead line.

It’s heading eastbound on Queen at Victoria right now, it’s not signed in to any route however. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

He’s like the house comedian at Club 54 in Burlington. He’s got this act he uses every night and new material rarely gets added.

My primo material is for the people that appreciate it. Why should I waste it here?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Downsview 108 said:

4178 appears to be signed into the 511 but it's on queen going eastbound just past russell.

It was going up and down Bathurst much of the day, and looks like it entered Wolsely Loop just after 2 pm. I'd guess that it's been playing on Queen since then - must have got bored on Bathurst.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, nfitz said:

It was going up and down Bathurst much of the day, and looks like it entered Wolsely Loop just after 2 pm. I'd guess that it's been playing on Queen since then - must have got bored on Bathurst.

So they just take 4178 out on tours? Does it not take revenue passengers any longer?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Downsview 108 said:

So they just take 4178 out on tours? Does it not take revenue passengers any longer?

It's a RAD car. Wherever a car is needed it may be dispatched to provide additional service. It rarely comes out at night tho.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Downsview 108 said:

People pay fares when they ride - just like any other streetcar. Presto machines still work - or at least they did last week.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, christine said:

It's a RAD car. Wherever a car is needed it may be dispatched to provide additional service. It rarely comes out at night tho.

I see. Glad I got my night shots of the car.

29 minutes ago, nfitz said:

People pay fares when they ride - just like any other streetcar. Presto machines still work - or at least they did last week.

I see. Makes it harder to find though which sucks.

The Coupler suggests that there will be free PCC rides with Santa for the "Stuff the Streetcar" campaign tomorrow. Between Russell and Neville. But, you must donate a toy

• Like 4