PCC Guy

TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

4244 has been retired for a year.

As for the others, I'm sure they could come back, but at what cost? If the commission is moving to retire all the legacy cars by year's end what would they have to gain by fixing up some of the ALRVs for a few months (if they could last that long)?

Creeping out of the long cold winter, it’s up to maintenance management and higher ups to decide whether or not the want to run the remaining ALRV fleet. The pneumatic systems on these cars have always been a sucker from the cold. But the lengthy time out of active service might be against the cars as well.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

Spotted 4002 on Bathurst going south

Do you know if it was all intact or was it stripped?

1 minute ago, Jonah N. said:

Do you know if it was all intact or was it stripped?

I’m not suRe where it went because it seems to be tracking exactly where it’s been for the past month.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

Hopefully TTC will have a last run of an ALRV and/or CLRV as they did with the H-4s, H-5s, H-6s and Orion 5s.

They probably will. I think 4249 will be the last one standing

27 minutes ago, jor said:

They probably will. I think 4249 will be the last one standing

Bet. I think 4225.

People put your guess for final ALRV, that is if they ever come back.

5 hours ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

I did see 4221 and other ALRVs with their back lights on 

5DD26E3E-2DFC-4802-B93F-0BC10BA3E9DC.jpeg

Been like that for at least a month now. I have no idea why, or why it doesn't track.

I really don't anticipate the ALRVs coming back, least of all for a final fantrip. The more of them whose trackers die, the more bleak their comeback seems.

The RTS was pretty unique in our city and those ended up coming and going on a random weekday in 2015 without any kind of celebration at all. So I think that 4204 will be the first and last ALRV in revenue service, and 4225 the last one overall to run in our streets without being a scrap or historical vehicle. Hopefully they're working on saving one.

• Like 1

There is an as of yet unverified rumour going around the Toronto Transit facebook group, by a yard worker at Leslie Barns, that 4002 is retired. Anyone know more?

1 minute ago, PCC Guy said:

There is an as of yet unverified rumour going around the Toronto Transit facebook group, by a yard worker at Leslie Barns, that 4002 is retired. Anyone know more?

It was MIA for like 50 days at Hillcrest and deadheaded back south this week. Apparently it's intact. I certainly hope it's not canned.

It's tracker is dead and has been for 62 days. I think it might be retired. Can @bus_7246 confirm this?