PCC Guy

TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

4003 is now tracking at Hillcrest too.

4065 and 4073 are at Roncesvalles.

4135 hasn't run since February 4.

4067, 4084 and 4150 haven't run in a few days so I've put them on my watchlist pending further info.

4155 is at Hillcrest.

4199's GPS has left it at Queen and Parliament, last seen 2 days and 9 hours ago.

4135 was one of the most reliable cars. It didn't miss a day in January, I suspect a major failure, and if it doesn't move for a while it might be done.

4140 had some body work done to repair the front closed side corner but I don't think it's run since its collision on Oct 7.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Robert Lubinski said:

4140 had some body work done to repair the front closed side corner but I don't think it's run since its collision on Oct 7.

Indeed it hasn't. In a photo of a stripped 4090 posted on Facebook there was a 414x unit peeking out from behind it, and I was beginning to suspect that they retired it, but this is good news.

Was the collision that bad, or have they just had their hands full with other cars to repair?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, WoodbineSecondExit said:

There was a derailment at that intersection around that time. Maybe the involved car was 4199?

I believe the derailed car was 4495 but I may be wrong. 

The timing of it would check out. The GPS logs on TransSee were acting up and had the car listed as going in the opposite direction it actually was (it's not possible to go eastbound from Sumach to Sackville, or westbound from Humber Loop to Dovercourt) so if we ignore the direction readings and go by the reported stops, from the final logs of the night we can deduce that 4199 was travelling westbound when it went offline. This would agree with the police tweet which indicated the derailment happened westbound.

https://www.transsee.ca/triplist?a=ttc&fleet=4199&date=2019-02-12

4495 went offline at a similar time and was also hit by the directional glitch which indicated that it travelled eastbound from Sackville to Parliament - in order for these stops to have been hit in that order, it had to be travelling westbound. However, the GPS was subsequently reactivated and the car is reported as being signed in when it travelled eastbound from Ontario Street to Leslie. Perhaps it looped around and reentered service somewhere along Queen, west of Parliament.

https://www.transsee.ca/triplist?a=ttc&fleet=4495&date=2019-02-12

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, WoodbineSecondExit said:

There was a derailment at that intersection around that time. Maybe the involved car was 4199?

21 hours ago, 7575 said:

I believe the derailed car was 4495 but I may be wrong. 

4495 was pushing a disabled 4199 when it derailed on the north-to-east curve of the intersection.

Dan

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1