TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

3 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

Are the cars with an "X" stripped? If not, I wonder if the X means not to remove parts as the car is being preserved.

They didn’t look stripped to me. The tape was over the entire front doors so one would have to remove the tape before entering the streetcar from the front. Maybe it’s to indicate not to strip any interior parts? 

Stop by the yard tonight and nothing has change since the last time I was there. Can't recall if the first car on track 22 had its pole up or down the last time, but down tonight.

Bay 2 had 4089, 4001, the 2 PCC's and 4207 was a few bays over.

About 8 LRV's in the yard as well.

• Thanks 1

On April 29, 2020 at 5:32 PM, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

It seems like they have tapped all the front doors. Its probably to prevent people going in to the yard to strip parts of the CLRV.

Some tape isn't going to stop anyone that's truly bound and determined though.  Anyhow, not that I expect the shop crew to be raiding parts since there's no active fleet being maintained anymore, but are they flagged or signed "DO NOT PART" or something similar just in case?

Looking at the photo of all cars on track 20, all the cars doors are X tape that is easy to remove and replace to get inside of a car. Too dark and hard to see the cars on the other 2 tracks. Can't see any signs on the door, but could be since it was dark and hard to see from the street.

9 minutes ago, CLRV4002 said:

F3E4A61D-33BD-43FE-8C93-B290AF59C494.thumb.jpeg.48fb6350b02f6d4f741856a450abee97.jpeg

I recently came across this picture but it had a dead link on google images. Does anyone know where/when this is and what event this is even for? 

Looks like a similar set of pictures I saw last week at an event in Windsor many years ago. I frget what someone suggested the event was. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Looks like a similar set of pictures I saw last week at an event in Windsor many years ago. I frget what someone suggested the event was. 

Based on what’s in the background and the street lights, It looks like it’s on Riverside Dr somewhere near Church St in Windsor in the early 80s, considering the car seen in the background and the fact that the CLRV still has its coupler. 

6 hours ago, CLRV4002 said:

Based on what’s in the background and the street lights, It looks like it’s on Riverside Dr somewhere near Church St in Windsor in the early 80s, considering the car seen in the background and the fact that the CLRV still has its coupler. 

The event took place as part of Ontario Transit Vehicle showcase event in 1980. The CLRV in the pic is 4098.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2020 at 7:25 AM, CLRV4002 said:

Pretty much.  If anybody in Windsor wants to take a walk along Riverside Drive and landmark it exactly, it's doable because both the CNCP telecom tower and the CKLW CBC tower in the background on the left are still there.

Edit:  Try out this link for a Google Street View of the approximate location.  You can see from the perspective it's about the right location with the CNCP tower in the background but the tall apartment building blocks the view of what's left of the CBC tower.  The irony?  Even today, standing in the same place on Riverside Drive, you can turn your head and see some of UTDC's fine (cough, cough) products grinding around in circles if you look north to Detroit.

• Thanks 1

On May 7, 2020 at 11:51 PM, Tom1122 said:

Unlike HCRR, IRM members are still able to access the museum and have run CLRV 4034 back and forth on its current piece of TTC track.

Now hold on just a second here.  There are who knows how many HCRR people who are experiencing streetcar withdrawal symptoms right now and you're rubbing it in that the IRM guys can still play with a CLRV?  Isn't that a little bit mean?  You know this means they're going to have to get 4000 out the first Saturday that Halton's open and run it up and down the line until 10:00 PM to make up for it, right?  The least you can do is kick in $100.  I hope you've got your chequebook handy.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

Now hold on just a second here.  There are who knows how many HCRR people who are experiencing streetcar withdrawal symptoms right now and you're rubbing it in that the IRM guys can still play with a CLRV?  Isn't that a little bit mean?  You know this means they're going to have to get 4000 out the first Saturday that Halton's open and run it up and down the line until 10:00 PM to make up for it, right?  The least you can do is kick in $100.  I hope you've got your chequebook handy.

I  just meant that HCRR members can't access the museum at present. IRM people can.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2020 at 6:08 PM, Tramguy said:

Please forgive my ignorance.  What does IRM stand for?

You're forgiven.

Anyways, I had to run some errands after work on Friday and it took me out to the east end, then back down Kingston Rd. and Eastern Ave. so I passed by Russell on my way passing back through downtown to the other side of the city.  I saw the lineup of preserved cars in one of the carhouse (Barn?  You want to call it a barn?  Where are the farm animals?  It's a carhouse.) bays as well as the group on the easternmost tracks in the yard complete with the very feeble taped X over the front doors.

This gave me an idea.

Let's have some fun now that the nice weather's here.

How about we draw up a treasure map with several routes across the whole city and ends up right there at the defunct CLRVs and distribute it to foamers online for a self guided, physically distanced scavenger hunt?  The logic is infallible: there's gotta be something good hidden on those streetcars.  After all, on a treasure map, X marks the spot right?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

You're forgiven.

Anyways, I had to run some errands after work on Friday and it took me out to the east end, then back down Kingston Rd. and Eastern Ave. so I passed by Russell on my way passing back through downtown to the other side of the city.  I saw the lineup of preserved cars in one of the carhouse (Barn?  You want to call it a barn?  Where are the farm animals?  It's a carhouse.) bays as well as the group on the easternmost tracks in the yard complete with the very feeble taped X over the front doors.

This gave me an idea.

Let's have some fun now that the nice weather's here.

How about we draw up a treasure map with several routes across the whole city and ends up right there at the defunct CLRVs and distribute it to foamers online for a self guided, physically distanced scavenger hunt?  The logic is infallible: there's gotta be something good hidden on those streetcars.  After all, on a treasure map, X marks the spot right?

No farm animals but herds and herds of streetcars ?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, drum118 said:

4110 is the only car for sale

You can have your own streetcar starting at $3,400 Canadian, with bidding to close in 6 days.

https://govdeals.ca/index.cfm?fa=Main.AdvSearchResultsNew&searchPg=Classic&inv_num=&category=00&kWord=&kWordSelect=2&sortBy=ad&agency=6513&state=&country=&locID=&timing=bySimple&locationType=state&timeType=&timingWithin=1

4040, 4053, 4069, 4104, 4110, 4123, 4179, 4184, 4187, 4193 are up for sale. 

59 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Are they certified pre-owned? What's the warranty like?

They're being sold 'as is', basically, no warranty.