TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

1 hour ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Wiki has been updated to include recently mentioned units as stripped and the scrap dates for 4021 and 4164. Until more units are stripped or removed from property, I will be leaving them as active.

Besides 4178 will any of the other 41xx units be preserved? 

20 hours ago, CLRV4094 said:

There is some good news. It looks like 4081 will be saved by TTC. Only it and 4001 track now.

Next week's CEO report seemed to show that one ALRV and two CLRVs would not be disposed of - for what's that worth (given the errors that often appear in that report).

On 1/20/2020 at 9:57 PM, CLRV4094 said:

There is some good news. It looks like 4081 will be saved by TTC. Only it and 4001 track now.

Not sure that's necessarily conclusive, as 4024 is tracking as well. But 4207 doesn't - and it's being saved.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Not sure that's necessarily conclusive, as 4024 is tracking as well. But 4207 doesn't - and it's being saved.

4024 could be being used as a yard mule or the like, and last I heard 4207 is at Hillcrest undergoing repairs to its trucks and bellows.

3 minutes ago, John Oke said:

I thought it was someone who got banned for making it up and saying that 4207 is in jeopardy  with issues in the bellows

That’s what I’m aware of. The person who reported that 4207 had an issue with the bellows had their account deleted so there’s no reason to believe that rumour was true. 

Also, wasn’t there mention of 4089 being retained, anyone know the status on that?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, CLRV4002 said:

That’s what I’m aware of. The person who reported that 4207 had an issue with the bellows had their account deleted so there’s no reason to believe that rumour was true. 

Also, wasn’t there mention of 4089 being retained, anyone know the status on that?

I don't have an update on 4089, although it was last spotted in Harvey Shops so I do have reason to believe it is not stripped.

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2020 at 9:11 AM, MK78 said:

Why do they keep power on to these retired streetcars? I saw a BUNCH of them with the lights on and poles up during the week. Does that not waste power?

If they need to move them around for any purpose it's easier than spending time and effort coupling up dead cars. I don't think they're drawing that much power sitting there idle.

• Like 4