TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

2 minutes ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

will 4001 be going into service on the 511 during the last week for the clrvs?? I know 4178 is a rad car and always gets put on the 506 and then the 511 right after from Monday to Friday.

Judging by where it's parked, that is likely, but as of right now it is not out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, christine said:

My blurb was more directed towards the hypothetical scenario of the TTC not doing anything. Considering I thought Queen was done back in June, the Queen extras were definitely an unexpected bonus.

Like when they pulled all the PCCs in early November 1995 and said they were done, with only an announcement that they were being retired, and they were already all parked. A few calls to Commissioners got them put back on the road with a formal send off and six cars in regular service for the last week. Until then most vehicles were retired with no announcement, no publicity, no last run, you just had to be lucky to be out for the day of the last run because you didn't know when it was coming and you might be on it or miss it, so the CLRV retirement publicity has at least given a lot more opportunities for photos and last rides.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Robert Lubinski said:

Like when they pulled all the PCCs in early November 1995 and said they were done, with only an announcement that they were being retired, and they were already all parked. A few calls to Commissioners got them put back on the road with a formal send off and six cars in regular service for the last week. Until then most vehicles were retired with no announcement, no publicity, no last run, you just had to be lucky to be out for the day of the last run because you didn't know when it was coming and you might be on it or miss it, so the CLRV retirement publicity has at least given a lot more opportunities for photos and last rides.

Can you say “Gloucester cars”?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Random Q - When streetcars have completed their run for the day, and heading back to the carhouse, do they remain in revenue service? or do they go out of service?

I'm asking because I was on Bathurst the other day, and Saw a 512 St Clair driving south (presumably towards roncesvalles). It had the 512 sign, but wasn't sure if they take passengers on the way or not.

4 minutes ago, DepthOfField said:

It had the 512 sign, but wasn't sure if they take passengers on the way or not.

Unless there's a mechanical or hygienic issue necessitating that the car is not in service, they do.

I went out Saturday and had a nice long ride (to a non-productive visit to a bank in the Beach(es)) on a couple of CLRVs. I take it from the comments that none (or very few) were out on Sunday, and that there's no prospect of them being out next Saturday on Queen?

So now we're down to CLRVs providing partial service on Bathurst, with a wandering 4178. Is there any pattern to 4178, or is it randomly running on Carlton?