TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

37 minutes ago, CLRV4094 said:

http://www.ttc.ca/News/2019/November/21_11_19nr_CLRV_contest.jsp

The last CLRV run is December 29th, using the same route the last ALRV run did. However, there will be a contest done on Facebook and Instagram, and 10 random people will be the people selected to ride the very last CLRV run with a guest. 

This is a bit different than what The Coupler has listed. The Coupler indicated Queen CLRV weekend trippers would end with the new December board which starts on the 22nd. However, the press release indicates that CLRV trippers will run until December 29th. Does this mean the 501 CLRV service will also run on the 22nd and 28th? I'm assuming the press release takes precedence since it is the newer of the two. 

Also, I find it unfortunate that the last ride will not be for the general public to enjoy unlike the last ALRV run. Some people don't use those social media platforms, making them ineligible.

• Like 4

Just now, christine said:

Also, I find it unfortunate that the last ride will not be for the general public to enjoy unlike the last ALRV run. Some people don't use those social media platforms, making them ineligible.

I imagine it’s for crowd control, given how the ALRV runs went. There will probably a bunch of special invited guests (former employees, historians, etc) that will be attending the final run. I think they want it to be a comfortable experience.

Two CLRVs will be running on Dec 29, so the public can still ride one on their final day.

• Like 6

Accepting the crowd control argument, I still find this contest ridiculous.

Only 40 people allowed onto a vehicle that has over 40 seats and countless standee spaces? Is this a joke? They fit more people comfortably onto charters!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, CLRV4094 said:

http://www.ttc.ca/News/2019/November/21_11_19nr_CLRV_contest.jsp

The last CLRV run is December 29th, using the same route the last ALRV run did. However, there will be a contest done on Facebook and Instagram, and 10 random people will be the people selected to ride the very last CLRV run with a guest. 

What a crock of shit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, Downsview 108 said:

What a crock of shit.

You can still ride any run but the very last that day, so at least be thankful for that.. although I agree it is quite stupid.

28 minutes ago, christine said:

This is a bit different than what The Coupler has listed. The Coupler indicated Queen CLRV weekend trippers would end with the new December board which starts on the 22nd. However, the press release indicates that CLRV trippers will run until December 29th. Does this mean the 501 CLRV service will also run on the 22nd and 28th? I'm assuming the press release takes precedence since it is the newer of the two. 

It would seem that would be the case yes, the 501 extras will also operate the 22nd and 28th, and they will be in service on the 511 on the weekdays as well.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

What a load of shit. What are they smoking? How are people without social media, such as myself supposed to ride this? This makes no sense whatsoever.

Because everyone has social media nowadays.

Well, no, not everyone does have social media. A lot of older people certainly don't.

In other news, 4221 and 4228 left today. Happily, I was free today, so I popped by Russell and watched them break both cars apart and put them onto loaders. It wasn't too cold but spend a couple of hours outside and you really start to feel it. Would not do it again.

4221's "A" section left at 11:01, her "B" section left at 11:40, 4228's "A" section left at approximately 12:51, and her "B" section followed at 13:56, leaving 4207 as the final ALRV in Toronto.

aBg0Dvk.jpg

cfa8ryK.jpg

j1VIln2.jpg

sohvjUE.jpg

iJFwiw5.jpg

8nN9G3H.jpg

Icv9iII.jpg

thw7fJU.jpg

fwJL7jP.jpg

ZnRc6Vr.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 8

Just now, Wayside Observer said:

Age doesn't factor into this one but there are people out there who don't have social media because they don't want to be on those platforms.

Also a fair point. I'll reactivate my Twitter in a pinch, but the platform is a cesspool and I don't blame anyone for not wanting to be a part of it, or parents from discouraging their children (who might also be railfans) from joining the platform prematurely. Facebook is not much better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, Wayside Observer said:

Age doesn't factor into this one but there are people out there who don't have social media because they don't want to be on those platforms.

Precisely. I've never had an account on FaceBook/Instagram. I'm in my early 40's, and have been into computers & related technology since my early teens.

I only have a twitter account set up for notifications from a handful of sources. I don't tweet anything, I have no desire to share my private life on the internet for everyone to see and exploit for various scams or schemes.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, MK78 said:

Precisely. I've never had an account on FaceBook/Instagram. I'm in my early 40's, and have been into computers & related technology since my early teens.

I only have a twitter account set up for notifications from a handful of sources. I don't tweet anything, I have no desire to share my private life on the internet for everyone to see and exploit for various scams or schemes.

I’m a teenager now and I don’t have social media, I wish that there was an easier way to do this. I don’t think that social media is something anyone needs. That’s why I have realized that I don’t need it. I don’t and in my mind will never have social media unless I need it for work. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Genius101 said:

When is the final day of service for the CLRVs on the 506? 

I would say this Saturday or Sunday most likely. Tomorrow is the last day of CLRV rush hour trippers since more Flexities will be on the route so I’m assuming come Monday it will likely be running all low floors. Sunday I’m not sure what they’re going to run. 

• Like 3

4094 just did a trip on the 306 which consisted of a loop around Russell then right back on one of the west tracks 

I can’t seem to find the posts about 4207 possibly getting canned or about 4050 getting sent to Philadelphia. Did the guy who posted that stuff delete his account or am I just not seeing it? 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, nfitz said:

They are still doing CLRV training runs - here's 4176 on Broadview a few minutes ago. Looks like it just arrived back at Russell.

Training run? Maybe it was just an out of service 506 heading back to Russell and didn't bother to use the not in service sign.  I can't imagine them needing to train new driver(s) on for one single (511) route for just one month .... 

• Like 4