TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

1 hour ago, CLRV4002 said:

As of now (6:30am) vehicle tracking seems to be down across the streetcar network including both old and new streetcars. Most buses and 4094 still track (VISION). 

All streetcar shuttles are still tracking on the routes though. 

12 hours ago, CLRV4002 said:

As of now (6:30am) vehicle tracking seems to be down across the streetcar network including both old and new streetcars. Most buses and 4094 still track (VISION). 

There’s TTC watch at 8:45

note as well I had the 31 Greenwood on there and the 22 Coxwell as well

0167F466-5461-44D1-83EB-5919EB516988.png

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Why aren't at least the newly delivered streetcars using Vision? Why new installs of the old system?

As far as I know, they're still working on developing the install for VISION. It's a bit more complex than for the buses, as the destination signs and announcement systems are already integrated into the streetcar's computer systems, and not discrete systems like they are on the buses.

Dan

• Thanks 5

10 hours ago, CLRV4002 said:

9 minutes ago, CLRV4094 said:

With today's tracking problems, 4094 is the only unit reporting data (western tracks at Russell), 

thats been said, @CLRV4094

5 hours ago, Genius101 said:

It seems rather surprising that all of the CLRVs that were sent to HCRR are 40xx units. Will any of the 41xxs be preserved or donated to HCRR?

in my opinion, only 4178 might be sent once it's retired, but that's not likely.

I passed by Russell Division today and 4034 is still on the flatbed truck. 4228 and 4249 have a good amount of parts removed from them. 4191 has wires going through the car inside and out like previous retired cars. 4169 is parked in front of 4191 and seems to be waiting for  decommissioning possibly. 4195 has wires going through it inside and out 4021 4123 4133 were driving around the garage and then went inside the service bays. I spoke to one of the mechanics and I was told that TTC is supposed to preserve a few CLRV'S apparently. I might have seen 4103 with its pole down parked in front of the yard mule 4098 but I can't fully confirm at this time.

• Thanks 6
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

I passed by Russell Division today and 4034 is still on the flatbed truck. 4228 and 4249 have a good amount of parts removed from them. 4191 has wires going through the car inside and out like previous retired cars. 4169 is parked in front of 4191 and seems to be waiting for  decommissioning possibly. 4195 has wires going through it inside and out 4021 4123 4133 were driving around the garage and then went inside the service bays. I spoke to one of the mechanics and I was told that TTC is supposed to preserve a few CLRV'S apparently. I might have seen 4103 with its pole down parked in front of the yard mule 4098 but I can't fully confirm at this time.

The TTC is going to keep two CLRVs. 4001 is one of them. 4034 will be sent to a museum in the US.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I suppose it's safe to say that 4169 and 4191 are retired, since both haven't been out in a bit. There goes one of my picks...

Uniquely, I managed to catch 4191 on October 28, on its last day of service.

4191.png

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

I suppose it's safe to say that 4169 and 4191 are retired, since both haven't been out in a bit. There goes one of my picks...

Uniquely, I managed to catch 4191 on October 28, on its last day of service.

4191.png

CRAP. That one had all original futura numbers on top. They must have used some leftovers they had from the 91 Orion Vs. Rare to have those in black.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Would anyone happen to know the current status of 4156? It last reported data sometime in October, I believe the 26th and hasn’t been seen since.

Safe to say it's retired, since it has not been out since that time... 

• Like 1