TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

4 hours ago, drum118 said:

4021, 4155, 4141, 4123, 4183, 4182, 4184, 4042, 4124, 4147 were on 506 Sunday that I saw

4183 and 4182 are long gone. 4183 retired in 2017 and 4182 retired in June 2019. I think you are talking about 4133 and 4132.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Oke said:

5E413D50-789B-48CB-9A90-A52E72576063.jpeg

I wish they could somehow keep 4178 complete with the paint job as part of the heritage fleet, even though it's unrealistic for that to happen. Adults notice when it's passing by and young kids get really excited when they see it from the street. I have not seen this kind of positivity from Toronto residents over anything transit in years and the TTC really needs to reclaim some of the goodwill it has lost in recent years. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, christine said:

I wish they could somehow keep 4178 complete with the paint job as part of the heritage fleet, even though it's unrealistic for that to happen. Adults notice when it's passing by and young kids get really excited when they see it from the street. I have not seen this kind of positivity from Toronto residents over anything transit in years and the TTC really needs to reclaim some of the goodwill it has lost in recent years. 

I understand that the TTC would probably not make it happen, but I’ve thought about whether or not a private museum would like it as a static piece somewhere in or around Toronto. Speaking of which, I thought it would’ve been nice for somewhere like Roundhouse Park to maybe consider having a CLRV on static display. Unfortunately no such plans have been mentioned to my knowledge. 

I think a dream scenario, other than keeping 4178 running, would be preserving it as a static display outside Wychwood Barns or another public/community space. I imagine it would still be a huge undertaking, maintaining it though.

2 hours ago, Orion VI said:

Really? 4002 is being parted out? That's sad.

Yes. Was told most of the interior components have been taken out. Likely set aside for 4001 and 4003.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CLRV4002 said:

https://youtu.be/xFcuEjtHjl0

This is a video posted in 2015 of a streetcar near Dundas and Roncesvalles. Anyone remember which one this was and was it subsequently retired after this incident? By zooming in it looks like 4126 but I’m not 100% sure. If that’s the case it did return to service after this. 

I don’t even need to look at the video to know which car you mean haha. 4126 had overhead wire fall on top of it and and went into storage briefly. The car went up to Hillcrest, then came back into revenue service afterwards 

• Thanks 6

4186 hasn’t been in service in 8 days. 
4094 hasn’t been in service for 4 days but has been tracking at some random places over the past couple days. Yesterday it was at Dundas West Station and it is currently at Bathurst Station this late but not signed into the 511. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CLRV4002 said:

4186 hasn’t been in service in 8 days. 
4094 hasn’t been in service for 4 days but has been tracking at some random places over the past couple days. Yesterday it was at Dundas West Station and it is currently at Bathurst Station this late but not signed into the 511. 

It's possible it was actually on 511 but signed out 

506 has just a few CLRvs on it this morning. 4053, 4100, 4124, 4143, 4155, 4179 and 4187 are the only ones tracking as 506.

27 minutes ago, CLRV4094 said:

It's possible it was actually on 511 but signed out 

That appears to be the case since it’s still running there now. 

27 minutes ago, CLRV4094 said:

506 has just a few CLRvs on it this morning. 4053, 4100, 4124, 4143, 4155, 4179 and 4187 are the only ones tracking as 506.

4119 on there now too. 6 are supposed to be trippers so we need to see how many CLRVs are still out after the morning peak. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CLRV4002 said:

4119 on there now too. 6 are supposed to be trippers so we need to see how many CLRVs are still out after the morning peak. 

306 was 100% CLRV at 2 AM this morning - presumably some of those stay out during AM peak.

Tomorrow morning or perhaps this afternoon might be a better test of Flexity availability.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, nfitz said:

306 was 100% CLRV at 2 AM this morning - presumably some of those stay out during AM peak.

Tomorrow morning or perhaps this afternoon might be a better test of Flexity availability.

I think 4119, 4179 and 4187 are on all day runs, which might shake things up a bit, but the rest seem to just be trippers.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, CLRV4002 said:

It's out this morning on Carlton.

Dan

• Thanks 4

Just looked at TTCWatch(9:50) and out of the 19 streetcars operating at the time of writing

6 CLRV’s

13 Flexities

as well yesterday on the 501 I noticed westbound cars where signed to Neville Park even though they where heading to Russell Carhouse

13 minutes ago, John Oke said:

Just looked at TTCWatch(9:50) and out of the 19 streetcars operating at the time of writing

6 CLRV’s

13 Flexities

as well yesterday on the 501 I noticed westbound cars where signed to Neville Park even though they where heading to Russell Carhouse

If operators were to put up Greenwood & Connaught signs, the public would wait for the next Neville Park car regardless of what it takes. We have sadly been forced to cater to the illiterate and lack of common sense

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, John Oke said:

Yep they are all showing to Neville, and dumping people off at Greenwood, where the buses pick up.

4 hours ago, DepthOfField said:

Does anyone know where (specifically)/which scrappers they're sending retired CLRVs/ALRVs to?

Future Enterprises in Hamilton is another place I know that 4000 was sent there and a few others as well it was the same place for the H4 H5 and H6 cars as well

• Like 1
  • Sad 1