TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

This is a very general observation, but the CLRVs I have seen out on College and Long Branch the past couple of days have almost all had nice bodywork and shiny paint. The cars with rust holes at the belt rail and paint faded to orange have mostly vanished from service since the main part of Queen went all Flexity.

I wonder how much of the choice to retire a car is now based on rusted-out body as opposed to mechanical issues.

For all you night owls in the beaches area tonight could very well be the last time we ever see a CLRV in service on the 301 at Neville Park considering that Queen is expected to be converted to 100% low floor next week. Better catch that one last ride while you can. 

• Sad 2

That reminds me of a question I have. Is it easy to see, via Transsee or similar, what units visited a stop in the past? Specifically, if i wanted to know what units (CLRVs or LFLRVs) visited Long Branch loop overnight, how could I find that out?

From the sounds of things, whatever they were, they all had squealing wheels. :huh:

1 hour ago, Ed T. said:

That reminds me of a question I have. Is it easy to see, via Transsee or similar, what units visited a stop in the past? Specifically, if i wanted to know what units (CLRVs or LFLRVs) visited Long Branch loop overnight, how could I find that out?

From the sounds of things, whatever they were, they all had squealing wheels. :huh:

https://www.transsee.ca/stoplist?a=ttc&r=501&history=1

The obvious caveat is that the vehicle has to have been in service, deadheads will not be recorded on here.

58 minutes ago, lip said:

^Also nice to see through that video how dumb and completely oblivious people are when there is a hulking mass ready to obliterate them while seemingly being completely unaware.

Thus it's not a tragic if they ever get ran over. Then there's a guy on the ebike running a red too like traffic signals only apply to cars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lip said:

^Also nice to see through that video how dumb and completely oblivious people are when there is a hulking mass ready to obliterate them while seemingly being completely unaware.

They cleared the entire intersection, before the slow-moving streetcar even got to the pedestrian crossing ...dumb perhaps, but not massively unsafe.