TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

14 hours ago, jor said:

4229 is parked on the last track to the west beside 4249, which still has its lights on. 4229 is not stripped yet.

F1BD4A6C-61CA-45ED-AF05-68D04CD39FF9.jpeg

In fact 4229 has begun tracking again this morning. I checked twice, the first time it was at Russell and now it’s in Lake Simcoe (broken tracker ?). This is the 3rd ALRV to begin tracking again in the past week. And 4249 is now tracking from inside the service bays at Russell 

1 minute ago, drum118 said:

4228. 4203, 4225, 4249, 4207,  4226, 4243, are tracking in the yard at this time. 4229 is on 501 in the east end

Do we know it's in service or just on a test run?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Do we know it's in service or just on a test run?

Not even close to see it in action, but trackers have it in service. Transsee has no track recorder of doing service for it, so it must be testing.

3 hours ago, 7575 said:

4229's tracker is messed up.

Yes it is, it’s been moving around all day and as of now it’s near Sunnyside loop again 

27 minutes ago, jor said:

I am confused how 4230 started and stopped tracking. I think it is still at Russell.

It still tracks, but if u are searching all ALRVs at once, it is difficult to see since it is where 4243 is on the map 

2 minutes ago, Ed T. said:

Is there any list of which CLRVs that are still in service have the double seats on both side? I don't think I've been on one recently. Not sure if it's hit or miss, or if they are all single seat on the closed side at the back.

If there is a list out there, I haven't been able to find it. It also doesn't help that it seems like some of the cars that used to have 2+2 seating lost it over this decade, for example 4041 had 2+2 seating when I rode it in 2012 but by 2016 it was 2+1.

That being said, I know of: 4001-4004 (4000 was the only SIG unit to lose the double seating), 4110, and 4182. I believe 4057 is one of them too but I'm not 100% on that.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:48 AM, Wayside Observer said:

Dead easy.  The bonus is there's nothing behind that skirt to get damaged since it isn't like they've got couplers to get damaged anymore.  Swap the skirt pieces with good ones on a dead CLRV and it's done.

4003 is now at Hillcrest, hopefully being repaired. 4101 last tracked 7 days ago at Queen and Greenwood