TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

Just now, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

I believe that there is some sort of rebuild going on for a few clrv. 4049 4121 4080 come to mind for rebuild

A fair few of the CLRVs received body refurbs a few years ago according to earlier posts in the thread, but surely not now? 4049 and 4121 have been in service and 4080 is stripped.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PCC Guy said:

A fair few of the CLRVs received body refurbs a few years ago according to earlier posts in the thread, but surely not now? 4049 and 4121 have been in service and 4080 is stripped.

I guess they will need a few extra cars in the future for spares or something like that.

If the trackers are to be believed, the car in question might be 4022.

15 hours ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

I guess they will need a few extra cars in the future for spares or something like that.

If the trackers are to be believed, the car in question might be 4022.

Yes, 4022 is currently at Hillcrest.

• Like 2

Not looking good for the Alrv's. 4203 4207 4225 4226 4228 4243 are the only ones that track any more. 4249 wouldn't load on transsee, and the site crashed on my computer while trying to track it. Not sure about this one.

4187 is at hillcrest.

4020's tracker is reporting in "blue".

4030, 4132, 4133 have dead trackers.

4176 is back on 501

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4249 still tracks, per the Sammdot tracker. It's currently parked on track 21 behind 4075.

4020 isn't MIA, it was last in service yesterday/early this morning on the 501/301. Tracking "blue"  (actually, tracking in Lake Ontario) usually means the GPS can't find the car's coordinates, and it afflicts as many active cars as it does soon-to-be-dead ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jor said:

The weather is much warmer so it is more likely for alrvs to return. Also don’t forget 4221 can still run even if it doesn’t track

I think at this point it would be best to let the speculation lie and just wait to see what happens. We've been over this a million times without reaching any definitive conclusions, and we know that there are internal plans to reactivate some cars, so at this point we should just sit back and wait for the fruits of their labour to materialize.

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

4022 is definitely the car at Hillcrest. There is tape holding the front light in. The car super shiny on the sides with the sun light. One of the best C's I have ever seen.

As of 1:25 AM per transsee it is going westbound on King St (At Bay)

Just now, Ultimate said:

Per transsee the car is still idle on Lakeshore at First St. If someone wants to check the damage

Before this rumour mill goes any further, I would highly advise you to turn on the time last seen in the options menu on TransSee. Last seen 3 hours ago. Not a chance they'd leave it parked in the middle of the track like that and disrupt service for 3 hours.

4115.png

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

4115 suffered an electrical thermal event this morning. Word is that this car is done 

8 minutes ago, Andythagiant said:

Was that the car that caught on fire at Lakeshore and Third this morning?

"Electrical thermal event?"  Is that what that is?  An electrical fire?

13 minutes ago, Wayside Observer said:

"Electrical thermal event?"  Is that what that is?  An electrical fire?

I was downplaying the fact of the matter since there are some that would turn a mound out of a molehill. I got a clip from a colleague of TFS on scene extinguishing one of the undercar compartments