Sign in to follow this  
DavidW

Warman / Martensville commuter transit

In 2014 STC conducted a public survey to gauge demand for a commuter bus service connecting Warman and Martensville to Saskatoon. Warman has a population of 7,084 (2011 Census) while Martensville is 7,716 for a service area population of 14,800 (2011 Census).

STC_Saskatoon_Commuter_Survey.jpg

As shown in the screenshot of the survey, they proposed a single peak-hour, peak direction trip thus:

Morning inbound

Warman Dep 6:50AM
Martensville Arr 7:03AM
Dep 7:05AM
Saskatoon Costco Arr 7:15AM
Saskatoon SIAST Arr 7:25AM
Saskatoon STC Arr 7:30AM

Evening outbound

Saskatoon STC Dep 5:00PM
Saskatoon SIAST Dep 5:05PM
Saskatoon Costco Dep 5:15PM
Martensville Arr 5:25PM
Dep 5:27PM
Warman Arr 5:40PM

and they proposed a monthly pass costing $269.00.

I think it's interesting that they did it, but I might have tweeked their proposal just a little bit. In particular I would have included the University of Saskatchewan as the endpoint of the morning run, and the origin of the evening run.

Is there a map for that system?

A commuter service linking Warman and Martensville to Saskatoon hasn't been implemented, so there's nothing official in the way of a map, but I did doodle one using google maps for my own interest...

SaskatoonCommuter-STCproposal.jpg

In my opinion they should have included the University of Saskatchewan, so I think the map should look like this:

SaskatoonCommuter-alternative.jpg

Including the U of S isn't much of an add...

AV%20Transit.jpg?itok=V9B6fayf

A private operator named AV Transit plans to launch a commuter bus service connecting Warman, Martinsville and Saskatoon beginning 01 May 2017. The service will operate every 2 hours between 6am and 8pm.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2017 at 0:12 AM, DavidW said:

AV%20Transit.jpg?itok=V9B6fayf

A private operator named AV Transit plans to launch a commuter bus service connecting Warman, Martinsville and Saskatoon beginning 01 May 2017. The service will operate every 2 hours between 6am and 8pm.

Smart advertising the companies other services, wish them the best 

On 03/09/2017 at 11:49 AM, DavidW said:

Has AV Transit abandoned their Warman/Martensville commuter service?  The company website no longer mentions it...

To answer my own question... I found a news report dated 17 August 2017 that said AV Transit suspended its commuter operation 04 August 2017. The article went on to say they would resume in September if they sold at least 20 monthly passes for the month.

• Like 1