Winnipeg Transit XD40s (2015)

DavidW

See in "G" on Monday, March 30th, 2015...

winnipeg-WT831-daw2015mar30.jpg

I was told it was a "pilot" delivery. As in, Winnipeg Transit will have it for a few weeks to look at, examine, and drive around, before it goes back to NewFlyer with feedback intended to smooth the delivery of the main part of the order.. Note that at this point the unit lacks the standard stripe decals. There was also no farebox inside when I looked. (I forgot to check if it had a radio).

I was also told that the 2015 deliver of XD40's would be numbered 831-888.

There's a rumour going around that the absence of the lower multi-coloured stripe is planned and permanent. Apparently it's a conflict between the stripe decal and the grey lower panels.

I was wondering about those skirt panels and how they would look with the striping down below. But the Invero's have the lower grey skirt paneling as well so I honestly don't see a problem.

290409-7863winnipeg903.jpg

That made me sad. So instead of crying about it, 'bout an hour later:

WTconcept by apta_2050, on Flickr

Awesome. I'd print a hundred copies and slide them under Winnipeg Transit office doors in the dead of the night if I could.

I gather from stories I've been told that there is a "Team Orange" and a "Team White" inside transit. Whomever is on the "losing" side considers the matter open to change, while the "winning" team considers the matter closed.

I suppose in the grand scheme of things almost everything is more important than the colour of the buses, but I do miss the orange dearly.

That made me sad. So instead of crying about it, 'bout an hour later:

Win! The only tweak I'd make is to make the T clearer over the window, although I like that you avoided painting too much onto the glass. (I don't care for liveries with a heavy amount of glass coverage.)

• 2 weeks later...

There's a rumour going around that the absence of the lower multi-coloured stripe is planned and permanent. Apparently it's a conflict between the stripe decal and the grey lower panels.

Interesting... considering WT added a grey lower area on the D40's when they were redone.

13649697815_30fb07cdbb.jpg

Fares are optional at WTS!! Everyone knows that! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

In good CPTDB spirit, though... unless it's 1:50am and I'm stuck in the North End, unless I want to re-live my fare shortcutting days in high school, I should pay my fare. :P especially since theres now peace officers that can fine you, if you don't.

If someone were to leave 831 unattented on a layover though and head into the restroom/Burger King/something, I could sneak on board and get myself a nice seat... but thats about it haha

NOTE: I had to walk from Ferry Road to Downtown today because I couldn't afford the bus. This is the 4th time I've done it this week.