Remaining Flxible Metro's

Detroit Diesel 6V92TA

I was just informed that around 15 to 20 Ex-Golden Gate Transit 1994 Flxible Metro "D" 40102-4D suburbans are still active in 2015 and are running for Charleston Area Regional Transit Authority (CARTA). GGT 1401 has been preserved by a private owner.

Also, TriMet seems to still be using 1992 Flxible Metro "C" 40102-4C's.

Does anyone know of any other Flxibles still in service?

I was just informed that around 15 to 20 Ex-Golden Gate Transit 1994 Flxible Metro "D" 40102-4D suburbans are still active in 2015 and are running for Charleston Area Regional Transit Authority (CARTA). GGT 1401 has been preserved by a private owner.

Also, TriMet seems to still be using 1992 Flxible Metro "C" 40102-4C's.

Does anyone know of any other Flxibles still in service?

TriMet scrapped the remainder of their 40-foot Flxible Metros (1701-1808) in July 2014. Only the remainder of the 1900 series (the 30 foot ones) remain.

~Ben

Mankato, MN retired their last remaining Metro sometime this past fall or winter. I spotted it on Craigslist a couple months ago.

Omaha may still have Flx, IIRC they were rebuilt with federal funds and thus need to stay in service until 2016.

Mankato, MN retired their last remaining Metro sometime this past fall or winter. I spotted it on Craigslist a couple months ago.

Omaha may still have Flx, IIRC they were rebuilt with federal funds and thus need to stay in service until 2016.

Oh wow. Let's hope some fall into good hands.

Cool. I would assume that only their 1994 units (9401-9426) are still active.

The 93 units may also still be active as they were also rebuilt. Since I visited the system in 2013 they have only added 17 new XD35 units, so unless they didn't require the capacity of the 40' buses anymore on express/peak period routes/blocks, I would assume there's a good chance they're still around.

The 93 units may also still be active as they were also rebuilt. Since I visited the system in 2013 they have only added 17 new XD35 units, so unless they didn't require the capacity of the 40' buses anymore on express/peak period routes/blocks, I would assume there's a good chance they're still around.

Ah okay, awesome. Thanks for the info.

Miami Airport still has some Flxible Metros running around. There are quite a few charter/tour companies that owned or use to own Flxibles. R & L Enterprise owned Ex-Votran Flxibles from 1994. Metro Shuttle had 1995 Ex-Gainesville Flxibles, which came from Palm Tran in 2006. Both companies are in Orlando.

Miami Airport still has some Flxible Metros running around. There are quite a few charter/tour companies that owned or use to own Flxibles. R & L Enterprise owned Ex-Votran Flxibles from 1994. Metro Shuttle had 1995 Ex-Gainesville Flxibles, which came from Palm Tran in 2006. Both companies are in Orlando.

What does Miami use them for? Would they be easy to find? I only ask as I will be in Miami at the end of June

Do you have any idea how much longer the Miami airport ones have or know what year those are from? Thanks for the other info.

I have no idea, since a friend of mine saw them. They are very likely still running though.

What does Miami use them for? Would they be easy to find? I only ask as I will be in Miami at the end of June

I think they're used as employee shuttles. Not sure how many they have.