Track to be lifted on Prince of Wales Bridge?

dowlingm

I was googling around on another matter and found this:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ad-to-convert-rail-bridge-over-ottawa-river-posted-early-city-says-1.2940839

I think this is a very poor development, and don't believe the assurances about getting it back into rail use post trail for a second (including since every last penny of the costs, including any removal of trail infrastructure, would be charged against rail transportation to inflate the cost) but unfortunately the record to date has indicated a lack of engagement by both sides of the river, such as when there were issues with the road bridges which should have been a wake up call about getting this product back into mass transportation use.

If it goes a head, you'll never see it converted back to rail. The thing is the entire area is being redevelop and with the "wind" group redeveloping the old Domtar lands wiith the Chadeuir Falls and such and Lebreton and eventually the Bayviewyards the Rail crossing is history. The thought of any transit link BRT or LRT or O-Train basicaly just died if this goes thru. And a possibility of The Sens moving near that area also makes no sense converting into a pedestrain /Bike crossing. The catch is that bridge is very simular to the Inter province bridge. That bridge wa modified to allow to way traffic after the old tracks where removed when the Old Train station was moved from the Union Station(across fgrm the Chateau Hotel).

They can't tell me they could easily do the same with the Prince Of Whales Bridge? Just add two additional plat forms on either side and they wouldn't need to be that wide or support cars like the Inter Provencal Bridge.

If gets converted into a Pedestrian/Bike Crossing BYE-BYE Rail/Bus crossing,

Yes I know its going to cost millioms to bring the Bridge up to code and safety standards.