Looking for a photo hosting website

gmnewlook

I'm wondering which photo hosting website I should put my transit photos on. The Transit Fan gallery has been down for a couple of years because of server issues too complicated to talk about here. I tried Flickr, but I don't like the new way it's set up.

Basically I'm looking for one that's easy to use, that I can do albums within albums (ex.: an STM album and others within it to seperate different models and series) and that's also free. I have pics from March 2012 to present to put in and I don't have time and the patience to watermark them all. Also I want to take the best pics from past galleries and put them in the new one.

Any suggestions? Maybe a free website could be possible, but it would have to be real easy to set up, so easy a monkey could do it. I'm not that tech saavy, lol. :)

Thanks and cheers!!

You can't, Instagram is just a continuous list of all the photos in order based on uploading date. You can try making a Facebook group or even a public account. There you can add albums, sub albums and continually post updates and public posts. You can even change the option of some or all the photos to private or available to view to certain people too.

Honestly Flickr is the best option at the moment. Sure the interface may not be user friendly, but it's not hard to create collections or organize photos to several categories. I managed to organize them quite easily as you can see here. Takes a bit of work, but still.

Another option is to learn web design and create your own website...or maybe even a combination of both; create your own website and link the albums to Flickr.

I did see that Majhost is down, Instagram... can I make multiple albums on that?

Piggybacking with everyone else, Flickr is your best bet. It is incredibly user friendly, hosts up to a terabyte free and you're able to sort pictures in a reasonable fasion.

For Facebook, I'd have to start a new account just for my transit pics. I'll take all suggestions into consideration. Thing is, I can't have two personal accounts on FB, I tried in the past for my transit photos, was driving me up the wall so I stopped.

For Facebook, I'd have to start a new account just for my transit pics. I'll take all suggestions into consideration. Thing is, I can't have two personal accounts on FB, I tried in the past for my transit photos, was driving me up the wall so I stopped.

Use a different name.

I've decided to go with Facebook, I've created a page on Sunday just for my transit photos. For now I've done transit on the north shore of Montreal, I'm attacking the south shore (all CITs), then it's STM, RTL and STL then the rest of agencies in Quebec, then Ontario, New Brunswick and the US (New England and Central Florida) and France (Île-de-France region). I'll add them on my spare time.

Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/gmnewlook/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums#

• 1 year later...

The good people at Facebook changed the functionalities of the business pages that makes it that you can't log in as your page anymore, which means that every time I would add new photos, the album in which I add the photos would wind up at the top. Byy not being able to log in as my page, I can't change the order of the albums. 

I have decided a couple of weeks ago to re-do my transit gallery on Flickr. It will be better organized, doing major collections for every country I have photos of (Canada, USA, France, Ukraine) and one each for railways and Highway coaches. The main collections have sub-collections for each province/state/department I have photos of and other sub collections for each transit agency. 

I post updates on my Facebook transit page and also post articles and videos so it stay running anyway.

Here's the link to my gallery with the first main collection, Canada:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48803885@N00/collections

It's a work in progress, it'll take time for all my photos to be uploaded since I do it on my free time and with two kids and my wife vying for PC time, I do it when it's possible. ;)

• Like 2