YUL Bus Charters - 2015 Activities

SMS

Probably will be 3 hr charter with the Transcar featuring window cards (backup bus Orion V with now programmed destination sign) however if there is enough interest we will do a one hour mini charter with a Prevost XL-45

• 3 weeks later...

Further details to follow in the upcoming days, but here are my proposed times for the charters:

Cornwall (garage-garage) 730p-1030p with the sole remaining Classic in the fleet

Everyone is requested to meet at the garage no later than 715p, I should be in a position to pick up one of those boxes of coffee from Tim's before the charter

St-Jean-sur-Richelieu (terminus-terminus) 400p-700p with the Transcar Classic - no garage visit planned, please do not ask for one

Everyone is requested to meet inside the bus terminal by 345p. I am politely requesting that no photos be taken at the terminal of our charter bus with tripods before we leave, so that we can start right away. The opportunity will be there for photos at the end of the charter, as well as for the group photo.

Pricing to be determined as soon as I get a show of hands of who is coming.

Please write to my charter e-mail yulbuscharters at gmail dot com as I do not come to the CPTDB very often anymore. Thank you!

FINAL DETAILS

Cost $30 for one charter and $50 if you attend both. Exact bills appreciated.

Friday 18 December 2015 - Cornwall Transit 8558 (1985 GM Classic ex-STCUQ) has been requested, if not available we have asked for 0359 or 0360 (2003 Orion V). Begins and ends at the garage. 7:30 pm-10:30 pm. Everybody meet in the lunch room inside the garage office by 7:15 the latest for registration. I will bring a box of coffee from Tim Hortons, first come first served. A fifteen minute coffee break is planned around 9:00-9:15 pm. Group photo to be taken inside the garage. Cornwall Transit has not obliged us to wear safety vests but please avoid wearing black if possible, wear bright colours, visibility is key for safety!

Saturday 19 December 2015 - Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu 3444-25-3 (2003 Transcar Classic) has been requested, if not available we have asked for 3490-25-4 (2004 Orion V). Begins and ends at the municipal bus terminal. 4:00 pm-7:00 pm. Everyone is required to wear a safety vest or at the very least something with reflective stripes. We will have spares but please indicate to me whether you need it. I have RTL jackets that I can temporarily lend for this occasion. Like in Cornwall, a brief coffee break will be offered (time TBD). Group photo to be taken at the end of the charter at the bus terminal.

Please avoid pictures at the beginning of the charter so that we can begin immediately at the proposed time. This applies to both charters.

It is not enough to indicate mere interest on the CPTDB. You must indicate your presence by writing to the dedicated charter e-mail yulbuscharters (@) gmail dot com. This is of great importance for the SJSR charter so that we can plan out how many people need safety vests. We are all friends here and my vice president and I work very hard for our benefactors. We deserve advance notice of who is coming so that we can offer our services at a fair cost and provide you with the best value for your money.

Lastly, we need to underline the following points. Respect and security shall be at the forefront of these night charters (and every charter for that matter). Everybody will have the chance for their photo so please be respectful of each other especially those still using film. Everyone must behave accordingly and watch out for one another especially crossing streets. Please don't put me in the position where I have to use disciplinary measures.

See everyone out there, be safe and have fun!

The Transcar Classic in SJSR ultimately will be replaced with the Orion V for our charter, as per the director of transit.

Thanks for your understanding.

I am no longer checking the board so unless you call me or e-mail me, I will not know about it.

See everybody there!

Here are the group photos guys, enjoy!

Thank you for your support over the course of 2015! This has been a record tying year with 2014 with seven vehicles chartered over the course of the year!

Hope to see you all in 2016!

SMS

IMG_8590r.jpg

IMG_8592r.jpg

IMG_8712r.jpg

IMG_8713r.jpg

3444 was sent to a scrap yard, seems to have had an accident.

A friend of mine spotted it in a scrap yard yesterday, still trying to get the location of said scrap yard from him.

From what I was told, the bus got into an accident, the front left side was all smashed in.

That is a shame, no details were given to me why we could not have the requested vehicle. Ultimately we will never be able to charter a Transcar :(

Regardless, we shall strive to offer our friends more interesting opportunities for photos in the New Year.

Cheers!

SMS

That is a shame, no details were given to me why we could not have the requested vehicle. Ultimately we will never be able to charter a Transcar :(

Regardless, we shall strive to offer our friends more interesting opportunities for photos in the New Year.

Cheers!

SMS

In the wish list (read here: If they charter buses). One interesting charter could be with a 2000 RTS from CIT Laurentides or a 2001 Orion V in the Les Moulins territory

In the wish list (read here: If they charter buses). One interesting charter could be with a 2000 RTS from CIT Laurentides or a 2001 Orion V in the Les Moulins territory

I've tried with Les Moulins and they don't even answer my emails. I went through URBIS at first but because they din't own the buses they directed me towards Keolis Canada.

3 phone calls and countless emails, not even a response back.

For CIT Laurentides, I have a driver friend out there which could make it possible.