Sutharsan

How about a new livery on TTC buses?

I don't think Brad Ross or Andy Byford about getting a new TTC Livery on buses over years now.

How long will the TTC current livery on buses be last for?

Regards,

Sutharsan

There's nothing wrong with the current one. I personally think the white space at the back of the LFSA can be improved. And the front of the bus should have connected the black paint all the way around the front, like 1001. If these buses came like 1001, including the grey it would have been better. That's just me though. Overall there in't really anything wrong with it current livery. The Livery near the back side windows could be better lined up with the body and window of the bus. Which is my pet peeve for the Orion VII 1st Gens and D40LF.

I don't think so.

If you read the Transit city bus plan, they talked about branding for transit city express buses (aka the rocket routes). They could consider a different livery for express buses so they stand out and attract more users. Although I can say this is just stupid if the have to paint some artic buses in different colour when they have so few of them at a garage.

The airport rocket is going to get a new wrap and getting branded on the subway maps. This could extend to the rocket routes in the future.

Iirc the current livery is used to save money. Also it looks better than the grey stripe on the bus. I highly doubt TTC will put wraps for other rocket lines as you have to set aside X number of buses for that rocket routes.

To be honest, the current livery looks better then most TA's in Ontario (in terms of aesthetics and visual appeal). They could do a better job at differentiating between express routes and normal routes but the livery still looks great

Iirc the current livery is used to save money. Also it looks better than the grey stripe on the bus. I highly doubt TTC will put wraps for other rocket lines as you have to set aside X number of buses for that rocket routes.

At the moment, I highly doubt it. Look at Eglinton: they need 6 buses for the 198. Eglinton will get the 190 again but I don't think that will last.

If they fully implement the express bus network and Andy Byford decides that they'll need better branding, then I think they can do it.

Taste is subjective, but I'd welcome a revamp, using the current colour palate, or a return to the 1980s CLRV livery.

It is true that phasing out the grey saved money, though. Maybe I'm just showing my age.

It is true that phasing out the grey saved money, though. Maybe I'm just showing my age.

That's what they said, but how will will we ever know?

I like the current scheme scheme myself, and I agree it is one of the better ones out there. However I would also be interested in seeing what some new potential liveries for the TTC fixed-route bus fleet could look like. Does anyone happen to have some drawings or renderings of ideas for new TTC bus liveries they would care to share? From skimming over the Wiki roster it appears to me that the TTC has basically used the same livery for decades now, albeit with minor variations in stripe width and black vs. white, tailored to the various bus models operated over the years.* Correct me though if that isn't the case.

*By which I mean the livery appeared to have been white base, with red stripes, and black paint around the windows for many series of buses. Its not like seven years ago all the buses were painted in a cream color, with green TTC logos and a red swoosh on the rear.

Taste is subjective, but I'd welcome a revamp, using the current colour palate, or a return to the 1980s CLRV livery.

That would be nice. With the LFS all they'd need to do is order the grey skirt panels and they'd look much better and more "CLRVesq".

If TTC were to consider a radical change of sorts, I'd suggest returning to Red and Cream, sleek and sophisticated, classy and sharp.

The TTC needs to be prudent with their spending as they are always looking for dollars, due to being the only major transit system that must rely on total income through the fare box or municipal taxes.

The TTC needs to be prudent with their spending as they are always looking for dollars, due to being the only major transit system that must rely on total income through the fare box or municipal taxes.

Don't worry, I'm sure the people who've been waiting too long to get packed in like sardines on already too few vehicles will sure be happy to know that TTC's priorities are a brand new paint job on the fleet, if they even notice, or care. But hey, they'll sure look purty won't they, ...which after all,... is the main thing, ...right?

Don't worry, I'm sure the people who've been waiting too long to get packed in like sardines on already too few vehicles will sure be happy to know that TTC's priorities are a brand new paint job on the fleet, if they even notice, or care. But hey, they'll sure look purty won't they, ...which after all,... is the main thing, ...right?

Ah, sarcasm for sarcasm's sake.

nobody is suggesting that serviceable vehicles need to be repainted. It could be phased in on collision damaged vehicles, or as they're overhauled. They'd be repainted anyway, right?

Maybe it's time again for bus to follow streetcars in appearance. Quick photoshop of an LFS Artic in the LFLRV scheme. Front is probably best accomplished with a decal. Skirt panels are coloured when moulded, I'm assuming?

16170216125_f6ffd1afc2_z.jpg

TTC Nova Bus in LRV scheme by apta_2050, on Flickr

• Like 1

Maybe it's time again for bus to follow streetcars in appearance. Quick photoshop of an LFS Artic in the LFLRV scheme. Front is probably best accomplished with a decal. Skirt panels are coloured when moulded, I'm assuming?

I think the skirt panels are painted on. Miway's 2011 XD40s and 2010 D60LFR buses' paint is chipping off and you can clearly see what is under it.

D60LFR skirt panel.jpg

In this picture the panel seems cracked but its the paint that is starting to chip off.

Nice Photoshop job by the way :)

D60LFR skirt panel.jpg

post-23245-0-19382300-1420165016_thumb.j

post-23245-0-19382300-1420165016_thumb.jpg

Not bad.

If nova was given enough incentive, I'm sure they could make them in any colour you ask.

They're just injection moulded polyethylene or some such material.

If course, the whole idea is to accomplish all this at a minimum of cost, so maybe the stock grey or white May have to stay.

This is what I like to see a new livery on buses that should be excatly the same as LRV paint scheme in the coming years but who knows.

Hey guys,

My old topic came back here and hope everyone see the pictures of the new livery buses from other threads.

ADB Administrator did a good job from photoshop and it also look same as real TTC new livery now. ☺

Keep an eye out for the new livery coming to the next fleet of refurbs. You can catch a sneak peak of what it may look like in the "VII refurbs" thread. 

• Like 1

My descriptive take:

The livery will be similar to the Flexity cars but has slight key differences: The bottom on the front remains almost untouched and the rear will end up all red. I wonder the #8620-#8716 will take hold on the new paint.

They should have gave the public some options to pick from and get some public engagement. What works for streetcars may not work for buses. Hopefully Byford is gone next year, but that's a slim chance.