Sign in to follow this  
D40LF

Poop powered bus

I lost it when I saw the title of this thread. :lol: I still think it is quite ingenious though. The only thing is, what would the exhaust fumes smell like? I bet it has a Cummins ISP engine (Interactive Systems Poop edition or something like that). :P

Andru   

LOL its just a CNG bus, but the CNG comes from waste through anaerobic digestion.

Aw, I was looking forward to New Flyer introducing the XP40 in North America...

D40LF   

LOL its just a CNG bus, but the CNG comes from waste through anaerobic digestion. This has been going on in Europe for a while and is starting here as well. Awesome!

http://www.fleetsandfuels.com/fuels/cng/2014/07/biocng-by-digester-for-grand-junction-ngvs/

This project has the best marketing (bus wrap) to get attention though!

Well better CNG then LNG!

Actually it is quite ingenious, if not a little disgusting, as people are looking into alternate fuels.

Chris W   

Aw, I was looking forward to New Flyer introducing the XP40 in North America...

Didn't I read somewhere that Nova was thinking of producing a fecal powered LFS? :P

Seriously though, this is actually an interesting concept. I'm not sure this would drop in North America (I've got a million of them folks) but the concept is surely ambitious. And are they using an Enviro 300 as its vehicle of choice?

XN40   

Some refuse companies are using landfill gas for their lng and possibly cng powered trucks so this is not a new concept. It saves money for the refuse companies as they can use their landfills and not rely on big oil.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk