Cold Lake Transit

DavidW

I was watching out for any existing cutaways that could have been around and didn't spot any. The article isn't too clear exactly what "smaller" means. It seems to be in reference to "capacity". Does that mean that perhaps 1 out of the 6 Classic's has a little bit smaller capacity? Or is it indeed a shorter bus altogether? The fact is, the Classic's actually have a more than 40 seats so the article isn't 100% accurate if you're looking into the tiny details. I honestly can't help but wonder if they counted the seating capacity differently between the buses with shell seats and soft bench seats.

Ridership looked decent so it looks like this system has some potential. While apparently I missed it, a CF-18 took off over us as we entered 4 Wing. Where else can you have a fighter jet take off above you while riding a Classic? :D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/7/2017 at 9:02 PM, 1604 said:

Cold Lake has launched GPS bus tracking: http://clt.transloc.com/

And I click on that link this moment and get this: 

This site can’t be reached

clt.transloc.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

• 7 months later...
On 11/22/2017 at 1:09 AM, M. Parsons said:

Nova Bus it is. 

Resolution #CM20170926.1026 Moved by Councillor Lefebvre that Council authorize the City of Cold Lake to purchase two (2) new 2018 Nova LFS 40' transit buses from NovaBus for $1,147,452.20 plus GST.

Cant say i'm surprised. They seem to be getting alot of traction as of late.

• 3 weeks later...

Was up in Cold Lake on Saturday. The 2 buses in service that day were 5009 and 5011. Nice to see the Ex-Calgary Classics in service, though I wasn't able to get any pictures. There wasn't much ridership on a Saturday afternoon however, so not sure how efficient it is to run a 40' bus during all times of the week.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...