RTS Bookends

RTS_04

Finally made it down to College Station, Texas last week. Spent a day riding the "Aggie Spirit" service around campus -- quite fun.

And now I can say I've personally viewed both ends of the RTS production coach timeline...the very first and the very last...

15585271177_e6895ed76c_z.jpg

'Twas a good run...

So the RTS is no longer in production from millemium? (even though I've heard they've barely sold any). What do you mean by "bookends?"

What do you mean, what do I mean? I meant exactly as I typed above:

"And now I can say I've personally viewed both ends of the RTS production coach timeline...the very first and the very last."

As for Millennium...it hasn't built a production bus since 2007. I think you can easily read between the lines.

Oh Fudge, here I thought you had a set of RTS bookends out of plaster/steel/cast/resin/plastic for sale.

Oh well, but congrats on seeing the first and last of the RTS's. Always liked their looks

Har har, captain literal. Should I start a Kickstarter project? ;-)

What do you mean, what do I mean? I meant exactly as I typed above:

"And now I can say I've personally viewed both ends of the RTS production coach timeline...the very first and the very last."

As for Millennium...it hasn't built a production bus since 2007. I think you can easily read between the lines.

I've just never heard of the word "bookends." So you've viewed at least one of every RTS model then (including Millenium.)

I originally thought you meant your RTS book is going to end.

I've just never heard of the word "bookends."

I am getting far too old for stuff like this. Sometimes, I just cannot believe some of the stuff that I read.

First of all, it is not hard to do a little research on your own prior to posting a statement like that. Doing a Google search "what is a book end" gives you plenty of options to determine what it is.

Second, if that were to fail, you might have to look for a book called a "dictionary". Prior to everything you ever wanted to know being at your fingertips by Google, people actually had to look stuff up on their own (what a concept). A dictionary is a rather large book full of definitions.

Thirdly, just in case the younger generation are not familiar with the term "book", it is a "a written or printed work consisting of pages glued or sewn together along one side and bound in covers" (definition from Google). I know that everything is read off of computer screens these days, but in the old days, if you wanted to find out about something, you actually had to read a book to get the required information. Before the internet, there were even books called "encyclopedias" which you would have to refer to when you were looking for detailed information on a particular subject.

Sorry for going off topic, but please people, just do a little bit of research before asking questions. By the way, I have a copy of the RTS book and it is a great book and read. I highly recommend it.

I am getting far too old for stuff like this. Sometimes, I just cannot believe some of the stuff that I read.

First of all, it is not hard to do a little research on your own prior to posting a statement like that. Doing a Google search "what is a book end" gives you plenty of options to determine what it is.

Second, if that were to fail, you might have to look for a book called a "dictionary". Prior to everything you ever wanted to know being at your fingertips by Google, people actually had to look stuff up on their own (what a concept). A dictionary is a rather large book full of definitions.

Thirdly, just in case the younger generation are not familiar with the term "book", it is a "a written or printed work consisting of pages glued or sewn together along one side and bound in covers" (definition from Google). I know that everything is read off of computer screens these days, but in the old days, if you wanted to find out about something, you actually had to read a book to get the required information. Before the internet, there were even books called "encyclopedias" which you would have to refer to when you were looking for detailed information on a particular subject.

Sorry for going off topic, but please people, just do a little bit of research before asking questions. By the way, I have a copy of the RTS book and it is a great book and read. I highly recommend it.

Well sorry to upset you but, user RTS_04 had already mentioned the definition in one of his last posts and I was telling him, I had never heard of the word. Also, "book end" and "bookend" are completely different.

I don't appreciate you going this far over something small. I typically take comments like this as nothing but, it seems like you are basically calling me some stupid kid for a dumb generation. I'll have you know I grew up reading dictionaries since I was very young. You don't have to be a smart @$$ just to tell me to use one. My dictionary is not around at the moment.

Of course I know what a book is. I am normally not the person to boast or brag, but almost everyone I meet tells me I am a bright guy. I started college at 16 in 2013 (believe it if your closed mind lets you or not). I went through a lot to get to where I am today, so to have you calling me an idiot from a dumb generation just because there is a word that I didn't understand and asked to be explained kinda ticks me off. I happen to love old stuff. I am not like everyone else. Some adults with this "old days" stuff just try to make themselves feel higher than others. Even though I used the internet at an early age, I've always read books, dictionaries and even encyclopedias (not wikipedia).

I hate to have basically started an argument on this thread (especially since I love the RTS), but I am not just going to let you or anyone else bash me like this and expect me to just let it roll off my sides.

I will consider getting the book once I have some sort of money at some point.

I've just never heard of the word "bookends." So you've viewed at least one of every RTS model then (including Millenium.)

I originally thought you meant your RTS book is going to end.

Here you go

http://justgit.com/?q=what%20is%20a%20bookend

As you can see he is using the 'verb' form of the word.

Got to admit, I too thought they would be bookends, but you know what? Making bus bookends might be a good idea. New Looks' Classics, RTS, even LRT!

Got to admit, I too thought they would be bookends, but you know what? Making bus bookends might be a good idea. New Looks' Classics, RTS, even LRT!

I thought that as well :P I've probably heard 'bookends' used as a reference to first and last before, but I can't help but think of actual bookend statues or those metal flaps they used at libraries with standard shelves.

Maybe someday I can take up woodcarving and make myself a set B)

I thought that as well :P I've probably heard 'bookends' used as a reference to first and last before, but I can't help but think of actual bookend statues or those metal flaps they used at libraries with standard shelves.

Maybe someday I can take up woodcarving and make myself a set B)

Just learn a CAD program, create a pair for yourself, and then print them off. Then once you are happy with the result make money and sell them!