Saint John NB Transit

A couple of other buses that I wouldn't be surprised to see as retired would be 41252 and 42458 (both of which are old demos and nextbus seems to no longer have a listing for); this would mean that the only demos left in the Saint John transit fleet (assuming the accuracy of my above guess) would be 43253 and the two artics (neither of which have been used recently)

I am having a tough time getting an up to date fleet listing from Saint John Transit. They seem to be really hesitant to give out the information.

With the delivery of the 12 Novas last year, were there any other buses retired other than the remaining Classics and the Orion VI? Do any of the local transit fans have any update as to whether or not some of the early Orion VII buses have been retired?

Thanks in advance for any information.

I do remember reading here that 41252 and 42458 were both retired.

For buses that haven't been out lately, the two artics (61878 and 61879) haven't been operating on a route since last fall sometime (possibly March of this year, but doubtful), so those two buses might be getting put out to pasture at some point

11 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

I am having a tough time getting an up to date fleet listing from Saint John Transit. They seem to be really hesitant to give out the information.

With the delivery of the 12 Novas last year, were there any other buses retired other than the remaining Classics and the Orion VI? Do any of the local transit fans have any update as to whether or not some of the early Orion VII buses have been retired?

Thanks in advance for any information.

I don't have any information, but I will be there in September. I'll try to stop by the garage to see if there is anything outside.

After saying that I was having trouble obtaining a fleet listing, sure enough, my e-mail was replied to today by the Manager of Maintenance who provided me with an up to date list.

Bus 41252 is not on the active list and has been retired. Bus 42458 along with the artic Novas are still shown as active. I always like to get official confirmation from the company because a bus is not retired until it has been decommissioned or de-plated. Just because a bus has not been seen in service for 5-6 months, you can never assume it has been retired, It could just be waiting on body repairs, mechanical repairs, etc.

• Thanks 2