DavidW

On-It (Calgary Regional Partnership transit)

On 1/7/2017 at 11:15 AM, Issack said:

What was the ridership like?

Dang, sorry I didn't see this. The inbound trips to Calgary in the PM were pretty quiet with only a couple people riding. The outbound trips from Calgary had more ridership but still nowhere close to a full bus, maybe a little more than a dozen people on the first trip I saw, and about 6 on the second. @kevlo86 may have a better memory than me on this. :D

New transit service between Calgary and Banff coming this summer

A new weekend and holiday public transit service between Calgary and Banff, with stops in Okotoks, Cochrane and possibly Canmore, will get rolling some time this June.

The Calgary Regional Partnership, Parks Canada, and several municipalities involved in the pilot project are still working out details, including fares and exactly when the coaches will start running this spring.

At least three buses would run on summer weekends and holidays until September, with stops at the Somerset-Bridlewood and Crowfoot LRT stations in Calgary for express service to the town of Banff and possibly Canmore as well.

Routes would originate in Okotoks, where the coaches are parked overnight.

Some trips could pick up passengers in Cochrane as well.

on-it.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&strip=all

The plan is for buses to run beginning early in the mornings and again in the evenings.

Rides will be first come, first serve and extra buses would be added to meet demand if necessary.

Costs are being shared by the stakeholders to keep fares “affordable,” according to Colleen Shepherd, executive director of the CRP.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3392412/new-transit-service-between-calgary-and-banff-coming-this-summer/ 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

A couple of photos of 2782 on a route 501 from earlier today in Okotoks.

070617-9937on-it2782.jpg070617-9938on-it2782.jpg

Somewhat reminiscent of GO Transit, in the early darker-green scheme, the old Department of highways green of 1967.

Nick B   
10 minutes ago, Chinese Daniel said:

they will use those new D4505 to retire those old MCI?

More likely service expansion...

• Like 2

LRT   
On 11/22/2015 at 8:44 PM, CTrainDude said:
On 11/22/2015 at 3:28 PM, DavidW said:

No Transit For Nanton

okotoksonline.com

Published: Tuesday, 29 November -0001 16:26

Written by Russell Skeet

Nanton town council votes to exclude Nanton from the On-It pilot project.

What year is this from? November 29 is not a Tuesday this year, besides having not happened yet....

• Like 1

#'s 4401 and 4410 have also been spotted operating for the "On-it" service.  Yesterday (June 17, 2017) was the first day for the Okotoks / Calgary / Banff weekend service. Here are a couple of images showing 4410 as well as 3510 and 1992.  3549 and 4401 were also spotted in operation yesterday.  I have photos from the same day as Nick B as well, but they're very similar photos. 

170617-9105on-it3510.jpg 170617-9173on-it4410.jpg

• Like 5

I am really glad to see that this finally took off.  Something that southern Alberta has needed for quite some time.  As a former Calgarian, I remember a guy who ran a daily service to Black diamond of of the Calgary Greyhound depot.  Had an old MC8.  But people had to go downtown to get on the bus.  Wasn't a very effective regional connector.

58 minutes ago, dzldriver said:

I am really glad to see that this finally took off.  Something that southern Alberta has needed for quite some time.  As a former Calgarian, I remember a guy who ran a daily service to Black diamond of of the Calgary Greyhound depot.  Had an old MC8.  But people had to go downtown to get on the bus.  Wasn't a very effective regional connector.

That was the company that was called "Good Company."  Here is their MCI MC-9.  I have photos of the MC-8 as well, but they have not been scanned yet.

c801_3.jpg

• Like 2

On It D4505 # 4010 is a EPA 2007 bus, Have A  Detroit Series 60 14.0L.

I talk to those On It drive, they tell me they are getting some Used J4500 or D4505 in this year, they will retire most old MCI, they also tell me Some bus will get 12 speed zf as tronic Semi-automatic transmission( Like the truck's).

Calgary to Banff shuttle bus service may be extended through Fall and Winter

Ridership on the regional bus service launched between Calgary and Banff this summer has driven past expectations and officials are now considering extending operations through fall and winter. 

"Right from the first day, the weekends have been steadily improving," said Ettore Iannacito, regional transportation program manager for the Calgary Regional Partnership.

"The demand is there, definitely," he said. "We're going to be meeting with the stakeholders and our partners, which would be Parks Canada, the Town of Banff, the Town of Canmore and Calgary Regional Partnership, to talk about the success of the service and if we want to keep it and move forward with it. This is something we're definitely going to look at based on how successful it's been so far, just on the weekends."

From CBC News: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-banff-bus-extend-operations-1.4238235

• Like 1