DavidW

On It (Calgary Regional Partnership transit)

51 posts in this topic

What year is this from? November 29 is not a Tuesday this year, besides having not happened yet....

That's the date the source put on it. It's from last week.

I think it's a lucky break for On-It that Nanton decided not to participate. It would have been significant extra miles for very little return. Nanton was included because it's a member of the Calgary Regional Partnership, and it's in the pilot corridor, but my impression is that bus commuting two hours one-way to Somerset-Bridlewood in Calgary from Nanton might be quite a small market.

I think it's a lucky break for On-It that Nanton decided not to participate. It would have been significant extra miles for very little return. Nanton was included because it's a member of the Calgary Regional Partnership, and it's in the pilot corridor, but my impression is that bus commuting two hours one-way to Somerset-Bridlewood in Calgary from Nanton might be quite a small market.

Small market yes, but I shouldn't take 2 hours from Nanton to SomersetBridlewood. it's only 67 km. Google maps says 44 minutes to drive. I realize stops along the way would add to the duration, but that shouldn't make it two hours.

So now, would On-It consider promoting more daily trips with reduced headways, or still just one trip per day?

Small market yes, but I shouldn't take 2 hours from Nanton to SomersetBridlewood. it's only 67 km. Google maps says 44 minutes to drive. I realize stops along the way would add to the duration, but that shouldn't make it two hours.

Just did Nanton - Sandman City Centre (7th Avenue). 1 hour, 7 minutes according to Google Maps. High River - Sandman shaves off a few minutes. If anything, would a peak-hours cutaway/Arboc shuttle from Nanton - High River suffice?

Commuter transit to roll Oct. 11
Foothills: On-It pilot project set to begin
Friday, Sep 09, 2016 04:28 pm
By: Don Patterson
Okotoks Western Wheel

Commuter transit service linking four Foothills communities to Calgary’s south LRT line will start Oct. 11.

The first buses for the Calgary Regional Partnership’s two-year On-It regional transit pilot project will depart Okotoks, Black Diamond, Turner Valley and High River that morning around 6 a.m.

3 people like this

Appears to be a different livery design than in the photo of 1992 above. Lots more on their twitter account.

3 people like this

So its finally starting. Was starting to think the name should have been Get On With It!!!

1 person likes this

On 10/3/2016 at 1:43 PM, 1604 said:

Appears to be a different livery design than in the photo of 1992 above. Lots more on their twitter account.

Yeah that is interesting...

8 hours ago, mike from edmonton said:

Seems that sweeps, swooshes etc. are yesterday's news.  Guess it'll be part of the next ETS repaint!

And ETS never made it to the sweep, or swoosh stage yet either! :P

Was wondering if the one used for the opening was specially done for the opening.  The other thought is maybe 1992 was done as a proposal

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

And ETS never made it to the sweep, or swoosh stage yet either! :P

They sure did- service vehicles.

9 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

They sure did- service vehicles.

I guess I should have been more specific..  ETS  Transit buses...

Spotted unit 1992 at Somerset this week on route 501. 

Didn't notice how busy it was...

3 hours ago, LRT said:

Spotted unit 1992 at Somerset this week on route 501. 

Didn't notice how busy it was...

What livery was on the coach?

A couple photos of #2782.

image.jpg

image.jpg

3 people like this

1 minute ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Nice!  What time of day did you capture that?

1 person likes this

#2745 and #3510 attached here. Mondays and Fridays are free service in January 2017.

Rode from Okotoks to Somerset/Bridlewood and back. Fairly efficient service!

Other than being ex-Diversified, really not too sure what the origins of these coaches are. #3510 is from the states somewhere as the thermostat temp was set at 74 degrees Fahrenheit and the washroom had a sign stating "no smoking by the order of the DOT".

southland_2745.jpg

southland_2745rear.jpg

southland_3510-2.jpg

4 people like this

What was the ridership like?