HandyDart

Blue Bus Fan

19701- 19730 Chevy

The vehicle is equipped with a fire suppression system and one fire extinguisher at the front of the vehicle    

Equipped with a holder at the rear of the vehicle for the squeegee and ice scraper

equipped with a passenger door side step

all seats have integrated seat belts

the floor anchors are colour coded for retractor placement  

single row of led lighting on top for passengers interior 

12 seats , up to 4 wheelchairs positions 

19750-19790  is Ford

6 seats   3 wheelchairs 

CF4FBE72-D368-4159-9EA6-1ED0B534F569.jpeg

D5AB27DF-8C6F-4E8C-8E1B-5DB2EEAC8B06.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

Midi 19761 was spotted going NB on 140th St in Surrey yesterday.

Don’t get my hopes up like that! When I hear “Midi” with no qualifications, I immediately jump to the NFI MiDi, which would IMO be the ideal replacement for our shuttles. But then I look at what thread I’m in...

2 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

Don’t get my hopes up like that! When I hear “Midi” with no qualifications, I immediately jump to the NFI MiDi, which would IMO be the ideal replacement for our shuttles. But then I look at what thread I’m in...

Off-topic, but the NFI MiDi is actually an Enviro 200, right? I wonder if it'll be called the MiDi again now that ADL is a part of NFI Group

7 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

Thx for the reminder... Changed to Micro

• 7 months later...

Non-bus vehicles are being tested for possible expansion of the HandyDART service. Full-sized vans return for the first time since the retirement of the last Ford E350 van (not bus) in the form of a Ram numbered L405, and minivans join the fleet in the form of a Ford Transit Connect numbered L404. Interesting thing to note is that L405 has a standard high-floor setup with a lift instead of a lowered-floor setup made possible by the Ram being front-wheel drive (an advantage leveraged by NFI/Arboc to create a variant of the Spirit of Independence with a super low floor). Makes me wonder why they didn't go with the Ford Transit, a platform already in use with their Girardin MBC-IIs, instead. L404 is set up like a taxi with a fold-out rear ramp.

1 minute ago, Community Shuttle said:

Non-bus vehicles are being tested for possible expansion of the HandyDART service. Full-sized vans return for the first time since the last E350 van was retired in the form of a Ram numbered L405, and minivans join the fleet in the form of a Ford Transit Connect numbered L404. Interesting thing to note is that L405 has a standard high-floor setup with a lift instead of a lowered-floor setup made possible by the Ram being front-wheel drive. Makes me wonder why they didn't go with the Ford Transit, a platform already in use, instead. L404 is set up like a taxi with a fold-out rear ramp.

Any pictures?

Took a closer look at the 2 demos L404 and L405. Both are gonna be run for 1 year as trials just to try them out. No mention of service expansion or replacement. L404 the Transit Connect is set up in the back with a pull out ramp for wheelchair, same as you see on wheelchair accessible taxis. Then has 2 seats after that behind the driver and passenger seat. L405 has a lift in the back and can hold 2 wheel chairs/ scooters side by side. Then 2 bench seats afterwards. HandyDart will be trying new layouts as they run them. Both demos are 2019s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, translink fan said:

Took a closer look at the 2 demos L404 and L405. Both are gonna be run for 1 year as trials just to try them out. No mention of service expansion or replacement. L404 the Transit Connect is set up in the back with a pull out ramp for wheelchair, same as you see on wheelchair accessible taxis. Then has 2 seats after that behind the driver and passenger seat. L405 has a lift in the back and can hold 2 wheel chairs/ scooters side by side. Then 2 bench seats afterwards. HandyDart will be trying new layouts as they run them. Both demos are 2019s.

Still waiting on pictures...

• 2 years later...

Wiki has always been out of date, no one ever really seems sure what the exact fleet numbers are. 2020, 2021, and 2022 orders are missing entirely. I know the 2020 order covers at least 20751 - 20792 as I have seen those two numbers before. Not sure if any of those years have Girardin orders as well or if it's just Microbirds. If anyone happens to know the specifics and wants to add them in that'd be great, or if you don't have wiki editing access lemme know and I'm happy to update it

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Express691 said:

Good eye. I think this speaks to how far (close?) we are to the possibility electric community shuttles.

My thoughts exactly. Kinda funny how just 2.5 years ago they were saying electric alternatives for shuttles were unfeasible during their Low Carbon Fleet Program, although the technology is improving surprisingly quick so I’m not surprised that they’re already looking into getting a few demo units.