Updates to Hamilton Transit History

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This topic is rather fitting for April fool's day: Although it may sound like a joke, the first incline railway in the Hamilton area was not built to go up the mountain, but instead was built for an amusement park!

(Also, last month's update was adding details on the construction of the Brantford & Hamilton Electric Railway)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks to donations by David L. Phillips and Mike Harrington, I've added photos to the following pages: The HSR's fleets of E-700A, TC40-102N, T-48, and TA60-102N buses, and the CNR James Street Station/LIUNA Station

The previous month's updates were photos added to the following: HSR's fleets of C-36, C-36A, D40LF, DE41LF, and DE60LFR buses, Demonstrator and leased buses, and Miscellaneous CCL Buses

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks to several donations I've added photos to the following pages: The CCL's fleets of Canuck 600A, Miscellaneous CCL Buses, and TDM-4515 Buses, the collection of CCL bus schedules, and The Rebecca Street Bus Terminal. I've also created two new pages on the CCL's fleets of Flxible 29BR-45 and Van Hool 625 buses.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So since April 2021 marks the 70th anniversary of the end of HSR streetcar service, I was originally planning this month to write an article about the streetcar's final days. But the Covid19 outbreak has cut me off from the libraries and archives, so it'll have to wait. Instead, thanks to Paul A. Bateson, I've added photos & facts to a bunch of articles: The CCL's fleets of MC-5B, MC-9, LeMirage, 102-AW3, and TC40-102A buses.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks to a donation of a whole bunch of photos, I've added images to the following streetcar pages: The HSR's fleets of Preston Single Truck, Ottawa Double Truck, Preston Double Truck, and National Steel Car. I've also expanded the page on HSR's snow sweepers to include the HSR's fleet of work cars.

Last month I finally expanded on the complicated and at times confusing origins of The Brantford & Hamilton Electric Railway (B&H), and I updated the Hamilton area radials planned but never built page.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...