Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

Due to heavy rain Columbia Station is closed due to flooding. Trains will be travel between Waterfront & New Westminster Stations, between King George & Scott Road Stations, & between Sapperton and Lougheed Stations.

Just now, dover5949 said:

Due to heavy rain Columbia Station is closed due to flooding. Trains will be travel between Waterfront & New Westminster Stations, between King George & Scott Road Stations, & between Sapperton and Lougheed Stations.

Due to a barge that broke loose off it's mooring in English Bay late this afternoon & is currently beached at Sunset Beach, there is a potential that it could break free & drift into the Burrard Street Bridge? As a precaution City of Vancouver is closing the Burrard St. Bridge at 7pm this evening until further notice. This will cause the 002 & the few remaining 044's to detour over the Granville St. Bridge.

11 hours ago, dover5949 said:

Due to a barge that broke loose off it's mooring in English Bay late this afternoon & is currently beached at Sunset Beach, there is a potential that it could break free & drift into the Burrard Street Bridge? As a precaution City of Vancouver is closing the Burrard St. Bridge at 7pm this evening until further notice. This will cause the 002 & the few remaining 044's to detour over the Granville St. Bridge.

Burrard Street Bridge still remains closed. 002 & 044 remain on detour via Granville Street Bridge

• 2 weeks later...

A person or persons have been throwing rocks at vehicles travelling on Hwy 99 from the pedestrian overpass between King George & 152nd St. 9678 got a fair size rock in the drivers front windshield garage bound after completing a "350' on the evening of Nov 26.

9668 was involved in what appeared to be a solo MVA at 49th and Arlington, today around 12:30 pm.

I say "appeared to be" because I didn't see any other vehicle on the scene, but the bus had clearly been making the right turn onto 49th off Arlington, but somehow ended up climbing the curb onto the sidewalk, and the right side of the bus was wedged firmly against the light standard...

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

9668 was involved in what appeared to be a solo MVA at 49th and Arlington, today around 12:30 pm.

I say "appeared to be" because I didn't see any other vehicle on the scene, but the bus had clearly been making the right turn onto 49th off Arlington, but somehow ended up climbing the curb onto the sidewalk, and the right side of the bus was wedged firmly against the light standard...

Thats one of those turns where one needs to be extra, extra patient and take as much room as you can.  So glad they moved the stop sign back 52nd Street and 28th Ave in Tsawwassen - at least now you can make that right turn without having to wait for the WB cars going down 28th to clear.

8 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

Coincidence... I was a passenger on a 430 bus that was passing by... the bus driver decided to pull over and assess the situation. Very bizarre...

20211204_122901.thumb.jpg.e8eb29a67e1cd7570680cb168352c555.jpg

12 hours ago, 9924 said:

Thats one of those turns where one needs to be extra, extra patient and take as much room as you can.  So glad they moved the stop sign back 52nd Street and 28th Ave in Tsawwassen - at least now you can make that right turn without having to wait for the WB cars going down 28th to clear.

I've done the 26 once, but that was in my first week on the job out of class, and furthermore that was before the routing through Champlain Heights was changed in conjunction with the re-routing of the 49 off of 54th Avenue, so I don't remember for sure if that turn from Arlington existed then.

All I do remember is making a wrong turn into a cul-de-sac at Frontenac and Hurst and having to back out.

40 minutes ago, MCW Metrobus said:

I've done the 26 once, but that was in my first week on the job out of class, and furthermore that was before the routing through Champlain Heights was changed in conjunction with the re-routing of the 49 off of 54th Avenue, so I don't remember for sure if that turn from Arlington existed then.

All I do remember is making a wrong turn into a cul-de-sac at Frontenac and Hurst and having to back out.

I did the turn during training.  Not a difficult turn, just really need to be patient so you can set yourself up properly.  Doing the 49 or 430, seen lots of 26 drivers get really impatient and cut that corner real darn close.  Its just one of those turn where you have room to make it, but you have to wait for that room.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...