Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! First time posting on the forum.

An E40LFR (2188, if I remember correctly) was hit by a car attempting to pull out of the curb lane northbound at Renfrew & 1st shortly before 3pm Friday. Caused slight damage to the right side of the bus near the front doors.

I took a photo, though I unfortunately wasn't able to get a closer shot.

IMG_20200814_150145_edited.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

TW: Suicide.

Expo Broadway is closed due to a jumper. Westbound trains terminate at Nanaimo, eastbound trains turn back at Main.

Just to remind anyone else, here's a list of the mental health services around Vancouver. Please keep comments civil as this is a sensitive subject. 

☛ Crisis Intervention & Suicide Prevention Centre of BC: https://crisiscentre.bc.ca/ or 604-872-3311
☛ Crisis Centre Chat (Online chat): http://crisiscentrechat.ca/
☛ Vancouver crisis line (24 hours): 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
☛ Vancouver General Hospital: 604-875-4995
☛ SAFER Counselling Service: 604-675-3985

======

CLEAR as of just before 9. However Broadway remains closed.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Express691 said:

TW: Suicide.

Expo Broadway is closed due to a jumper. Westbound trains terminate at Nanaimo, eastbound trains turn back at Main.

Just to remind anyone else, here's a list of the mental health services around Vancouver. Please keep comments civil as this is a sensitive subject. 

☛ Crisis Intervention & Suicide Prevention Centre of BC: https://crisiscentre.bc.ca/ or 604-872-3311
☛ Crisis Centre Chat (Online chat): http://crisiscentrechat.ca/
☛ Vancouver crisis line (24 hours): 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
☛ Vancouver General Hospital: 604-875-4995
☛ SAFER Counselling Service: 604-675-3985

======

CLEAR as of just before 9. However Broadway remains closed.

Additionally, there's a train that's 'rolling back' at Stadium OB, prompting the use of the side track for passenger service.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Got some delays going on the M-Line as no service between VCC and Production due to a technical issue.

For the expo line, the Production Branch trains only go as far as Braid.

Miltiple trains timed out in the affected section.

Both lines are returning to regular service as of 11:05.

Shuttle train was setup between Lougheed and Braid, no M-Line service past Lougheed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2207 on the 19 attempting to short-turn at Joyce station. Attempting to turn left leaving the station East loop to SB on Joyce st, couldn't make the turn properly and now the pole is tangled with the wire. Taken today at 18:45. 

PXL_20201027_013718009.jpg

1 hour ago, captaintrolley said:

I think there may have been an issue (power outage?) at Metrotown. FB post shows a line up of trolleys waiting to be towed.

Not sure, but this was the second time I saw trolley come to Joyce stn to short turn, and dewired taking this left turn. Not enough room to allow trolleys to properly take that turn with the construction. 

6 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Canada Line was victim to some track issues in the Richmond Branch this evening. Bus shuttles were sent in to assist.

I believe YVR trains were also running at 3-minute frequencies due to the Richmond closure.

Due to a container truck roll over on Hwy 91 EB in the "S" curve just after 7pm Hwy 91 is closed at Nelson Rd. Since all EB traffic is gridlock from Knight St all EB 301's & 410's are using Westminster Hwy from Brighouse Stn out to Queensbrough.