Jump to content
Express691

Collisions and Incidents thread

Recommended Posts

R19416 broke down on highway 1 and 156 street westbound ramp arrived at 9 o'clock at 156 street bus stop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DJ1400 said:

R19416 broke down on highway 1 and 156 street westbound ramp arrived at 9 o'clock at 156 street bus stop

Does this really need a post or a worthy mention? lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 CMBC employees have tested positive for Covid-19. 1 at PCTC the other at BTC. Wish these two emplyees the very best.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KINGSTER200 said:

18055 reversed into the concrete barrier at Coquitlam Central.

C09C10AB-F5CF-48FF-B382-54D6AC40232F.jpeg

AA75093E-A52E-4488-AFBB-28AFF1BD807A.jpeg

That could have definitely been avoided. 

Why was it backing up in the first place? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Thomasw said:

That could have definitely been avoided. 

Why was it backing up in the first place? 

Backing into a layover spot.

As far as I know it’s only one op who does it, I see him do it almost every day. I’ve never understood why really, considering how hard backing up an artic is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, VancouverTrolleybus said:

I just saw this RapidBus collision this afternoon while I was on a walk...

 

RapidBusRapidBus

Nice driving! :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18459 appears to have been involved in a bust-up with a gravel truck at the Highway 99 and Steveston Highway interchange.

The bus has damage to the lower side panels on the left side about midway back.

The truck's (steel) front bumper was peeled back on the right side by about 90 degrees.

On 4/3/2020 at 2:51 PM, Translink69 said:

[...] considering how hard backing up an artic is.

It's not difficult if you know how to do it properly. But you have to take it slow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An unknown unit was involved in collision with a pick up truck this afternoon at Hastings & Cambie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ThomasW97 said:

M-Line service is down till Holdom, bus bridge in operation with 19013

Updated: No service between VCC and Lougheed, and Lougheed to Braid; had to take trains out to reset the system. Bus bridges in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massey Tunnel closed both directions due to a semi truck fire NB at the North End of the Tunnel. 351's, 601's 620's routing via Hwy 91, Alex Fraser Hwy 91 to 99 except 601's 620's via 17 to Hwy 99 then Hwy 17A both directions. No service to Matthews Exch or Steveston Hwy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Police incident at Bridgeport Stn has Bridgeport Stn closed to all services. 351's 601's Terminating at Marine Dr. Stn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dover5949 said:

Police incident at Bridgeport Stn has Bridgeport Stn closed to all services. 351's 601's Terminating at Marine Dr. Stn. 

12002 is involved 

Edit:

someone's reported an "explosive device" 

clear as of 2:00pm.

As a result, they were sending 351 and 601 across Oak street bridge. Those routes havent crossed that bridge in a while!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ongoing issue near Commercial Broadway station:

-99s detour Clark/Grandview 

-Platform 2 to lafarge is closed

-9s are going downtown (this wont happen again for a while for obvious reasons). Also exceptional is that theyre still trolleys.

-The incident involved a rope rescue of some sort (not sure what exactly was rescued).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Express691 said:

Ongoing issue near Commercial Broadway station:

-99s detour Clark/Grandview 

-Platform 2 to lafarge is closed

-9s are going downtown (this wont happen again for a while for obvious reasons). Also exceptional is that theyre still trolleys.

-The incident involved a rope rescue of some sort (not sure what exactly was rescued).

Jumper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another result: 437-440 assigned to Millennium line until this is clear

The broadway mask distribution kinda isnt helping right now lol

Clear as of 1430

2) 19551 was involved in an accident while entering Metrotown station loop. This caused congestion inside Metrotown station. Buses were lined up along central Boulevard beyond Mckay street. Of the half-dozen 19s I saw, 4 were stuck at Metrotown while 2 were sent to Joyce Station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Express691 said:

 

2) 19551 was involved in an accident while entering Metrotown station loop. This caused congestion inside Metrotown station. Buses were lined up along central Boulevard beyond Mckay street. Of the half-dozen 19s I saw, 4 were stuck at Metrotown while 2 were sent to Joyce Station.

 

Apparently a van made an illegal right turn, on a light that had turned red, into the bus loop and hit the shuttle which was turning left. Right at the entrance to the loop. Ultimate choke point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Large Cat said:

 

Apparently a van made an illegal right turn, on a light that had turned red, into the bus loop and hit the shuttle which was turning left. Right at the entrance to the loop. Ultimate choke point.

It was a pickup, not a van. Looks like it was going straight while the bus was turning, likely speeding or trying to rush a yellow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Community Shuttle said:

It was a pickup, not a van. Looks like it was going straight while the bus was turning, likely speeding or trying to rush a yellow.

Thanks for the clarification. I probably shouldn't post things based on hearsay if I wasn't there. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of a field day(evening) on skytrain right now

Power is out VCC Clark to Holdom

Fight onboard train at new west

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...