Express691

Collisions and Incidents thread

8 hours ago, 9924 said:

SB 20's were short turned at 43rd.  Only effected a few buses, no biggie.

That is correct & I forgot to add that part which resulted in no service to Harrison Loop.

10 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

Police incident at Waterfront station affecting all services. 2 of my family members are caught up in it.

Bomb threat, from what im pulling in.

For E/M:

They use the switch immediately outside the tunnel.

There was no one directing crowds at Burrard OB, Trains reset and depart without a destination.

44 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Bomb threat, from what im pulling in.

For E/M:

They use the switch immediately outside the tunnel.

There was no one directing crowds at Burrard OB, Trains reset and depart without a destination.

It's a suspicious package left on a Skytrain car. Seabus service is shut down, Expo line trains are terminating at Stadium Station & a shuttle train is operating between Stadium & Burrard, Canada Line trains are Terminating at Olympic Village Station & a shuttle train is operating between Olympic Village & Vancouver City Centre Station. There was "NO" Bomb Threat ever made!

32 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

It's a suspicious package left on a Skytrain car. Seabus service is shut down, Expo line trains are terminating at Stadium Station & a shuttle train is operating between Stadium & Burrard, Canada Line trains are Terminating at Olympic Village Station & a shuttle train is operating between Olympic Village & Vancouver City Centre Station. There was "NO" Bomb Threat ever made!

As of 7pm Waterfront Station has reopened. Canada Line, Expo Line & Seabus resuming regular service.

• Like 1

Also something to take note of: Ironworkers Bridge was shut down due to car accident this afternoon detouring all 210s and 211s via Lions Gate Bridge which was shut down yesterday evening due to a police incident.

4 hours ago, Evan Hancock said:

Also something to take note of: *Ironworkers Bridge* was shut down due to car accident this afternoon detouring all 210s and 211s via "Lions Gate Bridge" *which was shut down yesterday evening due to a police incident.*

Was it just the ironworkers bridge, or Lions Gate bridge as well that was shut down? 

10 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

Was it just the ironworkers bridge, or Lions Gate bridge as well that was shut down? 

Lions Gate was shut down both directions on Dec 20 and all lanes closed NB Ironworkers with one SB lane open on Dec 21

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2020 at 12:49 PM, Community Shuttle said:

Transit here should impliment some key card for the outside of the bus to be same to open and close the door. Public can't open the door that way if done correctly. 

Maybe something at the wheel so the bus won't drive without it. 

Lots can be done to secure the bus rather than keep it unlocked. It's a crime to steal a transit unit, but it's also two sides at fault. 1 (cmbc) leaves it unlocked. 2 (thief) drives off successfully down Fraser Highway a good ways before the police got the suspect. It's better to spend the money wisely rather than waste money..... (Just some point)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

Transit here should impliment some key card for the outside of the bus to be same to open and close the door. Public can't open the door that way if done correctly. 

Lots can be done to secure the bus rather than keep it unlocked. It's a crime to steal a transit unit, but it's also two sides at fault. 1 (cmbc) leaves it unlocked. 2 (thief) drives off successfully down Fraser Highway a good ways before the police got the suspect. It's better to spend the money wisely rather than waste money..... (Just some point)

Or, one could simply practice a little common sense and not leave the bus running in the first place 🧐

After that, there are a few tips and tricks one can do to make it harder to drive off with a bus before spending money on something that you don't need.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

I was thinking a system where operators must tap their employee IDs/compass cards to start the bus

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

I was thinking a system where operators must tap their employee IDs/compass cards to start the bus

Like with what 9924 mentioned above - common sense would prevent 99.9% of these things from happening

If CMBC's vehicles have a feature like this already, then sure, implement it. If not, then don't waste money on a problem that is so incredibly unlikely to manifest itself

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

There's no need to spend unnecessary amounts of money for something that isn't needed for an issue that isn't there.

If this was a common occurrence, than that would be something to look into, but until then there's zero point.

Its not a difficult thing to "disable" a bus with a few tricks,  know-how and common sense.

• Like 5

On 1/5/2020 at 4:38 PM, Community Shuttle said:

Oh god no. I’ve dealt with a system like that. It’s super frustrating, and god forbid your card gets demagnetized. Suddenly you’re SOL. Worst. Idea. Ever.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, translink said:

Oh god no. I’ve dealt with a system like that. It’s super frustrating, and god forbid your card gets demagnetized. Suddenly you’re SOL. Worst. Idea. Ever.

Amen!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Peterbiltguy1989@gmail.com said:

18044 just crashed into a pole at Coquitlam Central.

Is that the one who's bellows rubbed up against the ID pole?

38 minutes ago, 9924 said:

Is that the one who's bellows rubbed up against the ID pole?

Yes, that appears to be the only part of the bus that sustained damage.

2 hours ago, Citaro said:

Yes, that appears to be the only part of the bus that sustained damage.

I saw it today with the tow hooked up and it looked like there was substantial damage to the joint.  Bus was at almost a 120 degree angle...  Not sure if that is too much, but definitely more than I've seen in normal operation.

16205 and 18013 involved in a collision at the entrance of UBC loop. Buses backed up to the Wesbrook and 16th roundabout. 

09452C35-8355-41AD-94DE-53BB0EA7442E.jpeg

11 minutes ago, KINGSTER200 said:

16205 and 18013 involved in a collision at the entrance of UBC loop. Buses backed up to the Wesbrook and 16th roundabout. 

09452C35-8355-41AD-94DE-53BB0EA7442E.jpeg

Couldn't they have just unloaded in the trolley loop and layover somewhere else? I'm not sure if Student Union Blvd has reopened yet but that would've helped a bit if it was.