Express691

Collisions and Incidents thread

1 hour ago, Evan Hancock said:

A passenger walked into the tunnel on the Canada Line and shut it down briefly around 2:00 this afternoon.

And regards with 9724; I thought it through; I cannot picture a bus that’s fallen from a maintenance hoist getting repaired; the frame would be damaged and bent; it would just be pure rubbish. Maybe a bit more detail if possible, please?

I don’t know what you were picturing in your head with a bus off a hoist. But since you asked. Here. It got turned into a meme.87BC3EA8-5D24-49C2-A8B0-CB3E34D16315.thumb.jpeg.6c4a13cb1cd43b6437ac60ba2bc8a6c9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, translink said:

I don’t know what you were picturing in your head with a bus off a hoist. But since you asked. Here. It got turned into a meme.87BC3EA8-5D24-49C2-A8B0-CB3E34D16315.thumb.jpeg.6c4a13cb1cd43b6437ac60ba2bc8a6c9.jpeg

Meme is courtesy of me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cmbc2008 said:

B18017

43 UBC.   E41st and Victoria 

September 3 2019

A1C45162-B7F9-4FC9-8983-E780D7897875.jpeg

It was bound to happen. I had a close call at that exact spot, I was doing a 43 pulling out of that stop and someone turned right in front of me. I had to hammer the brakes to avoid T boning the car. Vehicles are always turning in and out of the London Drugs parking lot.

I figured it wouldn't be long before someone would be involved in a MVA at that back lane entrance & E. 41st Ave. Actually I have filed a complaint with the city of Vancouver a few months ago regarding that bus stop as it's way to close to the busy laneway. I've told the C of V that the bus stop needs to go on the west side of the laneway entrance. I've also complained about E. 49 & Cambie WB, Knight & E. 57 SB & Clarendon & E. 33 NB as these bus stops interfere with traffic making right turns. The response I received back is "the C of V is studying the intersection & traffic flows". I was told they would get back to me once this study is done...……..like what ever! 

9 hours ago, Express691 said:

Lions gate closed both directions on the night of September 4 due to a MVA on the causeway

257 via 2nd narrows

Couldn't they just divert the 257 to Lonsdale Quay?

16 hours ago, Express691 said:

Lions gate closed both directions on the night of September 4 due to a MVA on the causeway

257 via 2nd narrows

It was not a MVA. I heard 2 different sources quoting it was someone who was threatening to jump from the bridge & that is why both lanes were closed off

6 hours ago, popillil said:

From downtown....

Passengers ride the Seabus across. Saves time over sending the bus eastbound to Hwy 1, over the bridge, down to Park Royal, and then back up to the highway.

26 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

Also was anyone under 9724 at the time it crashed down? Hoping not.

If anyone was under 9724, I'm certain pictures would not have been posted on Facebook and turned into memes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Evan Hancock said:

Also was anyone under 9724 at the time it crashed down? Hoping not.

I think this is a dumb question to ask! Even if someone was injured or killed it would've been all over the news. So since there was no news story use your imagination on what the outcome was!

• Like 3

On 9/7/2019 at 12:32 PM, Evan Hancock said:

Something has happened to 7489. Cancelled the rest of its 342 from Hwy 10 at 177B St. I was waiting for it at 56 ave at Hwy 10.

Something has happened to 7489. Cancelled the rest of its 342 from Hwy 10 at 177B St. I was waiting for it at 56 ave at Hwy 10.

And I talked to another bus driver (BTW it was my 1st ride on a 2019 XN40; 19101!) who passed by the intersection on another 342; he said that the bus had been towed away and there was leftover debris from fluid spills. Quite possibly involved in a collision. Lets hope CMBC doesn't retire it!

27 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Unauthorized entry into guideway, around 2130 this evening. Closure between CB and Nanaimo.

I was stuck on an EB train sitting around 50m outside the platform of CB. In the end, a high-vis supervisor had to open the doors and we had to walk to the platform. This was after 30 minutes of waiting in the train

Here's a picture of the grand walk we had to take. I hope it attaches correctly

SkyTrain Hijinks.jpg

No idea what's actually up but Canada Line seems to be stood still at the moment. I've been on a train at Bridgeport waiting to go South for about ten minutes. 

Oh here we go! 

2 hours ago, Dane said:

No idea what's actually up but Canada Line seems to be stood still at the moment. I've been on a train at Bridgeport waiting to go South for about ten minutes. 

Oh here we go! 

Speaking of the Canada Line, I just spotted car 205 with door R1 taped off and out of order. Perhaps from all those people who pry the doors open instead of waiting for the next train.

2 hours ago, Evan Hancock said:

Speaking of the Canada Line, I just spotted car 205 with door R1 taped off and out of order. Perhaps from all those people who pry the doors open instead of waiting for the next train.

If people would stop dawdling on and off the trains maybe people would stop holding the doors there wouldn't be broken train doors every few months.