Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

On 3/1/2019 at 6:13 PM, Millennium2002 said:

Someone had asked in another thread whether this bus will be repaired. Having seen CMBC's response to 2147 among other wrecks, it most likely will survive to see another day.

A more recent example would be 9449, which was involved in a similar head-on collision at Marine and 70th about two years ago, and was repaired.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Express691 said:

All of TransLink's public communication services have been experiencing technical difficulties as of last night. NextBus, Website, etc.

From what I'm told, it's pretty serious and could take the entire weekend to fix, if not longer.

I can confirm, but I won't go into detail.

19 minutes ago, Brando737 said:

I can confirm, but I won't go into detail.

No need, because Twitter had an answer: 

"An airconditioner leaked, started smoking & prompted fire services to come to their station. The leak affected the data centre, and that's why the system is down."

Check out @Tarankparmar’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Tarankparmar/status/1104532741830275072?s=09

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Translink just tweeted the following "Waterfront Station is closed due to fire". "No SeaBus service at this time until the situation is investigated and deemed safe. Updates to follow".

Another update just now..."due to a fire at Waterfront Stn there will be a shuttle train that will be operating between Burrard Stn to Stadium Station, there will be no service between Waterfront to Burrard Station".

Update "This was actually a fire alarm, there was NO fire at Waterfront Station". "You can still expect a few delays to service".