Collisions and Incidents thread

18 minutes ago, Express691 said:

22nd street is Closed, so many people want to go to Edmonds.

Luckily I searched what time 14039 was going to leave 10 minutes before I left. Ran to that and caught it on the 155.

Whys 22nd street closed? Don't see anything on alerts

49 minutes ago, transitkid said:

Whys 22nd street closed? Don't see anything on alerts

They closed it for like 15 minutes. Lol 

Supposed to be a bus bridge but it was solved before it could have been implemented.

Someone complained to a driver who didnt know stuff for not knowing about the incident - just after he pulled in as a 155.

I don't exactly know where to post this, so this is my best guess.

I had just made it onto the 100 at 22nd Street on Friday around 6:40

The bus had just left the station, when this dude, totally plastered, puked all over the floor near the front.(H14041)

To make things better, it was on Trapp, so the bus was parked on a hill that could barely fit a motorcycle

Luckily, there was a 100 right behind us, and it was nearly empty (H9420)

The guy was trying to board the bus, but wasn't allowed on, and then started stumbling around until he got hold of a tree branch..... then he fell and ate it lol.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, mashedpotato13 said:

There was a problem train at Lougheed station this morning at around 7:45, caused a few delays.

I don't have full details, but it seems like some debris caught underneath a train got dragged through several stations and damaged some of the track-level equipment at Lougheed and Sapperton. They repaired everything overnight.

S15001 is a SkyTrain special.  Just left Edmonds a minute ago.  

Wanted to add this.  15001 was pulled off the 96 and the GPS is still reporting so you can track where it is.  Also, the is a crew working on the tracks above the power station on Stewardson way across from the Petro Can.

23 minutes ago, Brando737 said:

S15001 is a SkyTrain special.  Just left Edmonds a minute ago.  

There is still only 1 shuttle... Do they not have extra drivers at HTC today?

In addition to the shuttle, the 112 and 106 are alternate options between Edmonds and New West Stations. For Columbia Station, on the 106, you can get off at the Columbia at 6th St stop, and walk ~2 blocks to Columbia Station. From New West Station, Columbia is only 4 blocks away walking, or you  can catch the C3, C4, or C9 between Columbia and New West.

Just now, maege said:

There is still only 1 shuttle... Do they not have extra drivers at HTC today?

In addition to the shuttle, the 112 and 106 are alternate options between Edmonds and New West Stations. For Columbia Station, on the 106, you can get off at the Columbia at 6th St stop, and walk ~2 blocks to Columbia Station. From New West Station, Columbia is only 4 blocks away walking, or you  can catch the C3, C4, or C9 between Columbia and New West.

Last time there were lots of people wondering how to go to and from 22nd and new west/Edmonds. We recommended 128/155 to 6th and 12th streets to connect with 106/112.

Just now, Express691 said:

Last time there were lots of people wondering how to go to and from 22nd and new west/Edmonds. We recommended 128/155 to 6th and 12th streets to connect with 106/112.

The 101 is an option along with the 128 and 155. Also you can connect at 8th St to the 123 in addition to 6th for the 106 and 12th for the 112. The 112 is only running every 30min today while the 123 and 106 are every ~15 min.

Also from 22nd, the 155/128 go to Braid and 101 to Lougheed for people connecting to trains/buses there.

Along with 15001 there were some XNs from HTC and a few LFSs from BTC.  15001 is out on the 96 today and was before being used as a SkyTrain special. I'm guessing it got out there by bringing a load of people from Surrey when the delays started and they just kept it.

31 minutes ago, mashedpotato13 said:

Someone on the guideway between Columbia and Sapperton. Expo Line trains terminating at New Westminster. 

Cleared up as of 6:36pm, still some service gaps though while they try to return to normal service.

6 minutes ago, Wilson2003 said:

Cleared up as of 6:36pm, still some service gaps though while they try to return to normal service.

Almost sent a friend to the FIVEFIVEFIVE but it cleared up right after I gave her instructions

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Express691 said:

Almost sent a friend to the FIVEFIVEFIVE but it cleared up right after I gave her instructions

They should make a SIXSIXSIX bus route to the middle of nowhere that is like hell, maybe a sewage treatment plant?

2 hours ago, buizel10 said:

They should make a SIXSIXSIX bus route to the middle of nowhere that is like hell, maybe a sewage treatment plant?

Nah, the SIXSIXSIX is a single massive route travelling along all the busiest streets in Vancouver, stopping at every single block regardless of whether someone is getting on or off there. Artics are used, but all boarding and disembarking can only be done at the front door. During peak hours, shuttles are used instead. And of course, only really old and unreliable buses are used. The fare is twice as much as on regular routes. Etc etc.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, ThatBusGuy said:

Nah, the SIXSIXSIX is a single massive route travelling along all the busiest streets in Vancouver, stopping at every single block regardless of whether someone is getting on or off there. Artics are used, but all boarding and disembarking can only be done at the front door. During peak hours, shuttles are used instead. And of course, only really old and unreliable buses are used. The fare is twice as much as on regular routes. Etc etc.

And during rush hour, its via Massey Tunnel and Lions Gate Bridge.

• Like 1