Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

I guess this would be the appropriate thread for what happened today, So earlier today their was a drive by shooting at 22nd St Stn that closed down the entire bus loop. All the buses were relocated to Edmonds Station and here are some crappy pictures that I took while waiting for 7168.

y68Gksk.jpg?1

AW4fDau.jpg

pyZhwND.jpg

X1HBjlf.jpg

pF16CK4.jpg?1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a switch problem between Scott Rd Stn and King George Stn at the moment. A temporary bus bridge has been in place at the moment and apparently all the 96 B-Line has been suspended till further notice.

Looking at NB, it seems like they've only pulled buses from the 96 and 319 to work on the bus bridge.

There's a switch problem between Scott Rd Stn and King George Stn at the moment. A temporary bus bridge has been in place at the moment and apparently all the 96 B-Line has been suspended till further notice.

Looking at NB, it seems like they've only pulled buses from the 96 and 319 to work on the bus bridge.

Pull buses from the two busiest routes during the morning rush, while not informing anyone on the ground. Saw some pictures from my friend. Newton Exchange and Surrey Central looked like an absolute gongshow.

It looks like it has fixed because their no Alerts & Advisories.

Forgot to mention this yesterday, 9669 was involved in a rear end collision at W 4th Avenue, bus is still okay but the front of the white compact car was smashed. Probably due to improper lane change or speeding. It was so bad, that the collision caused so many back-ups.

Cable Fire last night 150 Meters east of the Main Street station has casue the issue today. Reapairs or being down but Its still on going and expect to for several hour. Expected to reopen later this morning to early afternoon. Bus bridge set up between Joyce and Waterfront.

UPDATE: 8:49am

As per News1130 and Global, all transit will be free today.

Just like last time, this doesn't really benefit users with a monthly pass. I personally think a reduction in monthly passes would be a better option than having a free transit day, especially with this kind of short notice.

Just like last time, this doesn't really benefit users with a monthly pass. I personally think a reduction in monthly passes would be a better option than having a free transit day, especially with this kind of short notice.

Horrible circumstances considering there is a week left in the referendum. Two delays in a week occuring during the morning rush? Ouch.

I heard TransLink is going to refund today's tickets and months passes.

I heard this may not affect the referdum because people are not blaming TransLink for mishandling of the problem.

I heard TransLink is going to refund today's tickets and months passes.

I heard this may not affect the referdum because people are not blaming TransLink for mishandling of the problem.

Uhhhh you serious? Where did you hear this from? :lol:

Check out the plethora of aritcles saying otherwise.

Uhhhh you serious? Where did you hear this from? :lol:

Check out the plethora of aritcles saying otherwise.

I heard on the news.

If it does it could be for better because TransLink will be able to provide better SkyTrain service and when SkyTrain is down better replacement.

Also on this poll more people said No to the question by .75%.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2011396/update-full-service-restored-on-expo-line/

I heard on the news.

If it does it could be for better because TransLink will be able to provide better SkyTrain service and when SkyTrain is down better replacement.

Also on this poll more people said No to the question by .75%.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2011396/update-full-service-restored-on-expo-line/

Yes 50.37% (136 votes)

No 49.63% (134 votes)
Total Votes: 270
That's not good news. Reading the comments, it seems that "No" in this poll = many people already had their minds set on no prior to this incident, so this incident did nothing to sway their opinion.

• 2 weeks later...