Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

15 minutes ago, captaintrolley said:

Isn't there a horn connection along the steering column where you can just unplug and disable the horn ?

Yes.  A mechanic can pop the horn button off the steering wheel and disconnect the wire assuming the horn button was the issue.  However any bus without a working horn is not to be driven due to safety issues.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UpLift Vancouver said:

3344 is probably done for after a pickup truck slammed into it...

https://globalnews.ca/news/4443126/passengers-injured-after-collision-between-truck-and-translink-bus/

Maybe... but again that’s up to ICBC and/or CMBC. Plus there’s other factors as well; steel frame, wiring, as well as age. At this point it’s all speculation. Maybe she comes back, and maybe she doesn’t. 

3 hours ago, translink said:

Maybe... but again that’s up to ICBC and/or CMBC. Plus there’s other factors as well; steel frame, wiring, as well as age. At this point it’s all speculation. Maybe she comes back, and maybe she doesn’t. 

If the frame is not bent I'm sure a new side panel can be reinstalled?

52 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

If the frame is not bent I'm sure a new side panel can be reinstalled?

Yup along with the doors and whatever parts need to be repaired or replaced.  Even if ICBC doesn't give the full amount for the repair, CMBC will probably pay for the rest since the bus has at least 8 years left in its lifespan.  Unless ICBC decides to write it off, not sure if CMBC would have any way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

According to this vid, a nova collided with a police cruiser last friday morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVivDhYnCC8

So that explains the cruiser with damage sitting in the detachment parking lot I saw the other day. A brief search yields this Burnaby Now article:

https://www.burnabynow.com/news/five-sent-to-hospital-after-rcmp-vehicle-and-transit-bus-collide-in-burnaby-1.23431563

10 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

Expo Line single-tracking on the inbound track between 29th Ave. and Royal Oak, because of broken-down maintenance equipment on the outbound track.

5 hours ago, Unloading Only said:

Interesting... is this from track work last night that they didn't get cleaned up in time?

Looks like the maintenance equipment has been moved to the outbound track between Royal Oak and Metrotown, and the outbound trains are going around it through the pocket track right there. Also, the train I was on announced "This is a Millennium Line train to Production Way-University" at Patterson and Metrotown, which I thought was a bit amusing. I assume this was turned on this morning because of the single tracking, and the incorrect line announcement is an artifact from the old service pattern. And apologies for the double post.

2 hours ago, Unloading Only said:

Looks like the maintenance equipment has been moved to the outbound track between Royal Oak and Metrotown, and the outbound trains are going around it through the pocket track right there. Also, the train I was on announced "This is a Millennium Line train to Production Way-University" at Patterson and Metrotown, which I thought was a bit amusing. I assume this was turned on this morning because of the single tracking, and the incorrect line announcement is an artifact from the old service pattern. And apologies for the double post.

I noticed the same thing, and actually caught it on video. Weird hearing an M-Line train going to King George.

6 hours ago, Unloading Only said:

. Also, the train I was on announced "This is a Millennium Line train to Production Way-University" at Patterson and Metrotown, which I thought was a bit amusing. I assume this was turned on this morning because of the single tracking, and the incorrect line announcement is an artifact from the old service pattern. And apologies for the double post.

Earlier this year I got on a VCC Clark train at Metrotown and hearing " This is a Expo Line train to VCC Clark " was strange but cool to hear. I thought it was just a glitch but the train actually went to VCC Clark. It was really weird riding a 6 car MK 1 set on the Millennium Line. 

10 hours ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

Earlier this year I got on a VCC Clark train at Metrotown and hearing " This is a Expo Line train to VCC Clark " was strange but cool to hear. I thought it was just a glitch but the train actually went to VCC Clark. It was really weird riding a 6 car MK 1 set on the Millennium Line. 

Was this during one of those "modified service" things for maintainance?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

With those bays so cramped and arctics serving each of them, it was just a matter of time 

Probably a preventable for the driver ☹️

I took this yesterday evening, someone messed up and turned too soon. ?

20181001_194717 (2).jpg