Express691

Collisions and Incidents thread

5 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

An Orion on the 351 was involved in an "off-road adventure" on Highway 99 this afternoon.

From the information I have, the bus, along with an RV, went off the highway travelling north, probably a kilometre or two before the junction with Highway 91.

It's possible the bus involved was R9251. It was definitely a silver-scheme 2001 Orion with large fleet numbers in the new font on the rear.

Now how the heck did that happen???? 

5 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

An Orion on the 351 was involved in an "off-road adventure" on Highway 99 this afternoon.

From the information I have, the bus, along with an RV, went off the highway travelling north, probably a kilometre or two before the junction with Highway 91.

It's possible the bus involved was R9251. It was definitely a silver-scheme 2001 Orion with large fleet numbers in the new font on the rear.

I just saw this article on the Vancouver sun. Looks like the bus lost control after the vehicle merged in front of the bus, according to this article. 

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/translink-bus-involved-in-accident-on-hwy-99

13 hours ago, Phillip said:

I just saw this article on the Vancouver sun. Looks like the bus lost control after the vehicle merged in front of the bus, according to this article. 

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/translink-bus-involved-in-accident-on-hwy-99

Someone said on another forum that the RV actually sideswiped the bus, presumably in an attempt to merge as the article said, which would account for both vehicles losing control and ending up in the ditch.

7308 in a police incident taped off along 102nd avenue. apparently its been there since 2pm. Its now 4:33pm.

Outbound 96, 503 detour via 502 route to King George and 100th.

5 hours ago, Express691 said:

7308 in a police incident taped off along 102nd avenue. apparently its been there since 2pm. Its now 4:33pm.

Struck an elder lady in her 70s

5 hours ago, Express691 said:

http://www.surreynowleader.com/local-news/serious-incident-involving-pedestrian-shuts-down-102-avenue-eb-in-surrey/