Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

• 2 weeks later...

Due to an expansion joint that has partially lifted out of the SB right lane Knight St. Bridge south of Mitchell Island which is closed has delayed all 022, 430 405 & 406 Services. 22 Knight is detouring 57th, Fraser, SE Marine, Knight St. Onramp NB Regular Route

4 hours ago, dover5949 said:

Due to an expansion joint that has partially lifted out of the SB right lane Knight St. Bridge south of Mitchell Island which is closed has delayed all 022, 430 405 & 406 Services. 22 Knight is detouring 57th, Fraser, SE Marine, Knight St. Onramp NB Regular Route

Wait, are we meaning to say that the SB lanes (or 1/2 lanes) will be closed indefinitely?

I haven't seen this announced everywhere. The spillover delays onto routes like 100 Marine Drive are going to be massive ?

Where is the news? Today's brouhaha resulted in probably about 20 cancelled run notices going into my text messages, tripled runtimes, and massive crowds of passed up passengers at even minor stops along the corridor.

Medical emergency, Gateway stn

Started at around 08:07. train 444 involved on the outbound.

Surrey bound trains from Waterfront turn back at Scott Road. Unload on the outbound.

trains to production are unaffected.

Shuttles: there are 2 because the return time is too long.

-King George to Surrey central on the outbound tracks

-Scott Road to Surrey Central on the inbound tracks, skipping Gateway. This shuttle train (449) has its sign stuck on COMMERCIAL BROADWAY so the announcer guy has to keep repeating himself lolol

Shuttle buses run Surrey Central to Scott Road

B696013F-8C1E-4340-9F3E-A51D4BCA73C0.thumb.jpeg.c7d49b62b0edbe756e84901f98fcefe9.jpeg

I think the incident at Gateway and the shuttle ops caused some major brouhaha with the destination signs lasting the day ?

In the evening at around 8PM, I was at Main Street and there were Waterfront-bound trains to King George, King George bound trains to Production Way, Production Way bound trains to Waterfront, a Commercial-Broadway train heading inbound from Main. Every single train had an incorrect display, with only the platform LED boards displaying the correct destination. Inside the train, the destination LED maps were stuck (some flashing on Scott Road), and announcements were not playing. I was on a train that had no announcements until they suddenly began working at Royal Oak.

14 hours ago, Express691 said:

I did also see destination sign mixups on mk2.5/3 - all on westbound trains west of Edmonds.

For some reason after I passed Edmonds OB the destinations on those train types were correct.

Isn't there a VOBC reset or something at Edmonds? If yes, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of that having something to do with it

• 2 weeks later...

Fire in the area of switch DC56 (king George) on the expo line.

king George outbound remains closed, trains are single tracking on the inbound from gateway to king George.

There was also an eastbound train kicked out of service at Metrotown due to a smoky smell

17 hours ago, Express691 said:

Fire in the area of switch DC56 (king George) on the expo line.

king George outbound remains closed, trains are single tracking on the inbound from gateway to king George.

There was also an eastbound train kicked out of service at Metrotown due to a smoky smell

Correct me if I'm wrong, but over SkyTrain control's radio frequency I heard that a current collector shoe got knocked off of train #476 and started the fire

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A stabbing has occured on S15007 while doing the 503. I can't say anything more other than that

UPDATE: The victim, a teenager, has unfortunately succumbed to their injuries in hospital. Rest in peace. 

Edited by 981
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Police incident on Lions Gate Bridge has the bridge closed. All North & West Van services heading to Vancouver are terminating at Lonsdale Quay. All services heading towards the North Shore are terminating at Waterfront Station

18 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

Police incident on Lions Gate Bridge has the bridge closed. All North & West Van services heading to Vancouver are terminating at Lonsdale Quay. All services heading towards the North Shore are terminating at Waterfront Station

Cleared at 10:52pm