Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

13 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Gongshow this afternoon on the north shore as we have incidents in the Cassiar tunnel as well as on the Lions Gate

SeaBus terminals are logjammed

Then another crash just outside lonsdale quay

I like how people forget how to drive in the rain or snow when there hasn’t been any precipitation for awhile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 8010 said:

I like how people forget how to drive in the rain or snow when there hasn’t been any precipitation for awhile.

I've noticed a lot more traffic in the Lower Mainland in the last few weeks. I think this has been contributed by more visitors vacationing in the Lower Mainland due to the Forest Fires & High Covid cases in the Interior & Okanagan.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dover5949 said:

I've noticed a lot more traffic in the Lower Mainland in the last few weeks. I think this has been contributed by more visitors vacationing in the Lower Mainland due to the Forest Fires & High Covid cases in the Interior & Okanagan.

The forest fires and tourists are understandable, the COVID case hysteria isn’t, but I think you’re probably right that some people are probably trying to escape the case numbers in the interior even though no one is really looking at the fact that the death count isn’t mirroring the case count like it was last year.

13 hours ago, 8010 said:

The forest fires and tourists are understandable, the COVID case hysteria isn’t, but I think you’re probably right that some people are probably trying to escape the case numbers in the interior even though no one is really looking at the fact that the death count isn’t mirroring the case count like it was last year.

The availability of vaccines is helping soften the blow so that's why fewer people are dying this year. They did say at one point that it wouldn't be as bad if 70% of the population received two doses and we are currently somewhere around that figure.

• 2 weeks later...

The PM rush hour was a bit of a disaster in Vancouver today.  There was a protest march on Broadway, so the 9 and 99 were on detour between Cambie and Oak and were horribly off schedule and coming in packs.  There was a lot of traffic congestion around Marine Dr and the Arthur Liang Bridge, so the 10 and 17 were terminating at Marpole Loop, while the 100 was terminating at Marine Dr Stn, and there were alerts that all three routes were experiencing delays of 40 to 60 minutes.  And there was an MVA somewhere in East Van that resulted in alerts for 40 to 60 minute delays on the 20,41,49 and R4.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Michael Marriott said:

The PM rush hour was a bit of a disaster in Vancouver today.  There was a protest march on Broadway, so the 9 and 99 were on detour between Cambie and Oak and were horribly off schedule and coming in packs.  There was a lot of traffic congestion around Marine Dr and the Arthur Liang Bridge, so the 10 and 17 were terminating at Marpole Loop, while the 100 was terminating at Marine Dr Stn, and there were alerts that all three routes were experiencing delays of 40 to 60 minutes.  And there was an MVA somewhere in East Van that resulted in alerts for 40 to 60 minute delays on the 20,41,49 and R4.

Rollover crash at 41st & Victoria this afternoon

Bunch of delays this evening:

First, an accident EB on the port mann earlier this afternoon affecting 555 service.

Second, major delays in the area around the second narrows from an accident. Kootenay Loop has no power, and R5/222/130 was logjammed. At one point the detour had stuff going through the Cassiar Tunnel.

Third, a bulk of New West was in the blue today due to congestion.

Four: Delays at Columbia just as the PM rush started due to flooding.

Five: As of 6:45pm power is out at Scott Road Station.

From someone with radio scanner:

Mk3: Low hanging power collector ripped out PIES plate between Metrotown and Patterson.

Operations:
Waterfront to Nanaimo
Nanaimo to Joyce
Joyce to Metrotown
Metrotown to King George
New West to Production

Single-track operation for maintenance is canceled tonight