Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

I was on train 304 earlier today and right after it left Gateway station toward Waterfront it did a sudden stop and just sat there. 3 minutes later a skytrain attendant did a walk around of the train, about a minute or 2 later we were off again. Does anyone know what could have happened and if this happens often.

14 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

I was on train 304 earlier today and right after it left Gateway station toward Waterfront it did a sudden stop and just sat there. 3 minutes later a skytrain attendant did a walk around of the train, about a minute or 2 later we were off again. Does anyone know what could have happened and if this happens often.

I'd say about 3 times a day at most. Could be wrong. That's across all trains. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

I'm guessing something tripped the track sensor, like maybe a bird or squirrel, but to be safe they still have to check around to be sure it is not a person on the tracks.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Phillip said:

8028 broke down yesterday morning at 49th Ave and Granville st EB. Sat there overnight and still here this morning.

Two decades of faithful service to the people of Metro Vancouver, and this is how they treat her. For shame!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Express691 said:

I'm more concerned over any legal issues that may be incurred with parking the bus there longer than normal: that or I'm uneducated.

Agreed

Especially because 49th avenue is supposed to be closed between marine drive and Cambie for the BMO race Sunday morning so they will have to get that bus out of there before then

4 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

Sorry for the speculation... But... Given that those buses are on their way out, maybe it's fate has been sealed, hence the lack of urgency...

2 hours ago, Thomasw said:

Agreed

Especially because 49th avenue is supposed to be closed between marine drive and Cambie for the BMO race Sunday morning so they will have to get that bus out of there before then

Yeah, given that these are being retired they're probably going to tow it to the HTC retirement line. So that was probably 8028's final run. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

Sorry to bother you guys, but are you guys sure that 16017 isn't retired after the accident in December? I have a feeling that HTC has 7417 for that very reason.

It makes no sense to retire a bus because of a pedestrian fatality. It’s likely being withheld from service for investigative purposes.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

Sorry to bother you guys, but are you guys sure that 16017 isn't retired after the accident in December? I have a feeling that HTC has 7417 for that very reason.

It's a pedestrian accident on a two-year-old bus. They aren't going to write off a multi-hundred-thousand dollar bus, two years in, unless it's completely wrecked.

1 hour ago, buizelbus said:

It's a pedestrian accident on a two-year-old bus. They aren't going to write off a multi-hundred-thousand dollar bus, two years in, unless it's completely wrecked.

You get better syntax if you say "a bus worth several hundred thousand dollars"

=========

In any case, one possible outcome is that the bus could be re-numbered or transferred on request of the family members. It's happened in Toronto with a few buses. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Evan Hancock said:

There was barely even a dent or a scratch

• Like 1