Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

4 minutes ago, jmward said:

This poor 410 is stranded on annacis island, its not scheduled to be doing any 104s or anything though. Im not sure what happened there...

Screenshot_20171025-085446.png

I guess thats why you dont go on detour until instructions are given out. But then again sometimes detours take almost half an hour to process so -shrug- no use when its too late and you already trapped yourself.

6 hours ago, Express691 said:

Here are some. Literally anything out of HTC is screwed over right now in addition to 340, 301, 388.

IMG_yg7asv.thumb.jpg.eb34dbb17ae7f4c8644ee70d592a8b64.jpgIMG_g3n30u.thumb.jpg.27c442be4475767ad3768b9e21f2a915.jpgIMG_-ou9kmc.thumb.jpg.42e0f6078c2bad583a236ce99ffec81c.jpgIMG_-rmd8lk.thumb.jpg.4ecac758bf0424fcd50b92f2bf55037c.jpg

Also anything using the Knight Street Bridge is hosed.  That includes the 405/407 and the 430.  I experienced at minimum 30 minute delays each way over Knight Street doing a 405.  Interlining and walkovers only aggravated the problem.  Also from talking to other drivers the 49's got hosed due to the massive slowdowns at Knight and 49th.  Generally a BAD morning.  And the afternoon isn't looking to be any better.

• 2 weeks later...

This evening's commute was a gongshow for much of Metro Vancouver.

Power issue on the Trolley network due to down wires at Dunbar at 41st. Apparently nothing could go west of Granville and 99s had to do local service. 41 43 49 also affected.

Medical emergencies: Production at around 4:00pm ish lasted 45 minutes, expo line trains to Production Way were short-turning at Lougheed. Another one was onboard a Canada Line train at Waterfront at around 5:00pm. No delays to train service.

Two separate car accidents in Surrey forced detour for buses along Fraser Highway around Green Timbers and King George Boulevard in Newton.

An Orion on the 351 was involved in an "off-road adventure" on Highway 99 this afternoon.

From the information I have, the bus, along with an RV, went off the highway travelling north, probably a kilometre or two before the junction with Highway 91.

It's possible the bus involved was R9251. It was definitely a silver-scheme 2001 Orion with large fleet numbers in the new font on the rear.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, MCW Metrobus said:

An Orion on the 351 was involved in an "off-road adventure" on Highway 99 this afternoon.

From the information I have, the bus, along with an RV, went off the highway travelling north, probably a kilometre or two before the junction with Highway 91.

It's possible the bus involved was R9251. It was definitely a silver-scheme 2001 Orion with large fleet numbers in the new font on the rear.

R9251 does indeed seem to be the one, according to t-comm. Last seen 15:38, northbound on the 351, never finished the block.

5 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

Now how the heck did that happen???? 

5 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

I just saw this article on the Vancouver sun. Looks like the bus lost control after the vehicle merged in front of the bus, according to this article. 

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/translink-bus-involved-in-accident-on-hwy-99

13 hours ago, Phillip said:

I just saw this article on the Vancouver sun. Looks like the bus lost control after the vehicle merged in front of the bus, according to this article. 

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/translink-bus-involved-in-accident-on-hwy-99

Someone said on another forum that the RV actually sideswiped the bus, presumably in an attempt to merge as the article said, which would account for both vehicles losing control and ending up in the ditch.

• 2 weeks later...