Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

11 minutes ago, Express691 said:

16115 made an appearance on the 49 this evening after 8021 bo-ed. May or may not be the first time an XD40 has appeared on the 49 (they were just being put into service before operations went to VTC for a year). My memory is blurry.

I'm not sure if the XD40s ever made an appearance on the 49 last year, but 16115 being on the 49 today is certainly not the first time an XD40 was on the 49. Since the 49 was transferred back to RTC, there is usually one 40-foot bus on the 49 during peak periods, normally an XD40.

41 minutes ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

I'm not sure if the XD40s ever made an appearance on the 49 last year, but 16115 being on the 49 today is certainly not the first time an XD40 was on the 49. Since the 49 was transferred back to RTC, there is usually one 40-foot bus on the 49 during peak periods, normally an XD40.

wrong thread for me. My bad. Should have gone in general sightings

• 2 weeks later...

Due to a 2nd alarm fire 151 West Broadway the following detours are in effect as of 945pm

99 Commercial Broadway Station via E/B Broadway, N/B Yukon, E/B 2nd Ave, S/B Main, E/B Kingsway, Reg route Broadway.

99 UBC via N/B Quebec, W/B 2nd Ave, S/B Cambie, Reg route Broadway

009 Boundary via N/B Cambie, N/B Hamilton, W/B Pender, N/B Homer, W/B Hastings, S/B Main, E/B Kingsway, Reg route Broadway

009 Alma via W/B Kingsway, N/B Main, W/B Pender, N/B Homer, E/B Cordova, S/B Cambie, Nelson, S/B Cambie Bridge, Reg Route Broadway

1) the business on fire is an african drum store (though I think it spread to the restaurant next door)

2) interesting (bur unfortunate) how 9s have to run into downtown and back onto Kingsway/normal route, though 7197/9531/9589 replaced trolleys tonight. Could be more.

1 hour ago, dover5949 said:

99 Commercial Broadway Station via E/B Broadway, N/B Yukon, E/B 2nd Ave, S/B Main, E/B Kingsway, Reg route Broadway.

They've actually been turning Left at Main and Broadway in order to service the EB Main stop. Little traffic on a Sunday night so there's no hold up to make the bus only turn.