Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

Just now, cleowin said:

Will you only get shocked if your feet touch the centre metal and side metal at the same time?

You'll get electrocuted if you touch the power rail. Nothing will happen if you touch the linear induction rail (silver centre rail) unless a train has recently gone over it. The centre rail heats up when a train goes over it so you may burn yourself if touch it.

2 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

A water main burst showering the expo line platform

Thanks for pointing that out ?

4 hours ago, Jeffrey Ngai said:

Waterfront Station Expo Line platforms closed due to water leak. Trains terminating at Burrard. 

3 hours ago, Express691 said:

Silly Richmond driver crashed his car on a skytrain pillar causing Canada Line delays this morning

I wasn't there, but I'm not impressed with the decision to knock the entire Richmond branch out of service, even though the impacted segment was on the single track section between Lansdowne and Brighouse... so it was entirely possible to maintain full service as far as Lansdowne Station....

53 minutes ago, 8800GTX said:

I wasn't there, but I'm not impressed with the decision to knock the entire Richmond branch out of service, even though the impacted segment was on the single track section between Lansdowne and Brighouse... so it was entirely possible to maintain full service as far as Lansdowne Station....

My guess would be they shut down the power to that branch as a precaution.

52 minutes ago, Brando737 said:

My guess would be they shut down the power to that branch as a precaution.

Not exactly. Procedure calls for all stations to be shut down and the whole stretch has to be checked and deemed structurally safe before resuming service

• Like 1