Sign in to follow this  
wchu94

New Flyer Xcelsior roof "cave ins"

I heard some transit agencies like MTA in New YorkCity that has problem with New Flyer Xcelsior buses. Sinking roof structures. Its too much weight on top of the roofs that is causing buses to lean. MTA buses have a HVAC unit on the top. Im sure CNG and hybrid batteries will further enhance to cave in. Any other transit agencies have similar problems with New Flyer Xcelsior buses?

I heard some transit agencies like MTA in New YorkCity that has problem with New Flyer Xcelsior buses. Sinking roof structures. Its too much weight on top of the roofs that is causing buses to lean. MTA buses have a HVAC unit on the top. Im sure CNG and hybrid batteries will further enhance to cave in. Any other transit agencies have similar problems with New Flyer Xcelsior buses?

What is your source!? Where is this coming from?

New York's MTA just placed its fourth order for Xcelsiors, so I'm guessing they don't seem to be having this issue.

I have not heard of any issues as described above on any of Calgary's Xcelsiors either...

Yes the buses lean more than others because it's lower to the ground.

As in leaning on corners when turning!? Flxible Metro's, GM Fishbowls and Classics leaned quite a bit as well and they do not sit as low to the ground...

The Bus Lounge facebook page.

Yeah that's such a reliable and credible source. Usually you repost news you pick up everywhere on buschat as 'Gold_12th' but you didn't repost this, I guess this info isn't trustworthy enough for you to post on buschat yet you post it here. What gives?

Yeah that's such a reliable and credible source. Usually you repost news you pick up everywhere on buschat as 'Gold_12th' but you didn't repost this, I guess this info isn't trustworthy enough for you to post on buschat yet you post it here. What gives?

Who is Gold_12th?