2015 60' Articulated Bus Order (Diesel or Diesel/Electric Hyrbid)

323 Surrey Ctrl Stn

Found out last night that these are set to arrive earlier than expected and at least some of them should be in service sometime this month. I have noticed that there have been less D60LF's on the 96 in the last week, more than half of the runs are a 40 footer so this could be somewhat of a possible confirmation.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Question for future articulated buses purchase would it be XN60 or XD60 or just XDE60 for it?

Since 2009 all the artic orders have been DE, doubt that will change. XN would restrict their ability to be transferred around.

If West Van piggybacks on an order they'd probably grab XD60, though.

Since 2009 all the artic orders have been DE, doubt that will change. XN would restrict their ability to be transferred around.

If West Van piggybacks on an order they'd probably grab XD60, though.

If Surrey, Richmond and Hamilton get CNG installed in the Transit Centre the XN could be transferred from PCTC, STC, RTC and HTC which restrict them from being transferred to BTC and VTC.

Hamilton is getting CNG for sure. STC and RTC are probably going to get CNG in the future so if the timing is right, future orders for artics could be XN if they are to replace RTC buses. Until then, they will be XDE. I think translink likes the DE as they seem to be reliable and can last through a service day that is over 24 hours. Not sure if CNG can do that, can it?

Found out last night that these are set to arrive earlier than expected and at least some of them should be in service sometime this month. I have noticed that there have been less D60LF's on the 96 in the last week, more than half of the runs are a 40 footer so this could be somewhat of a possible confirmation.

Was at the STC today.

6 are out in service today, there are only 2 spares in the yard at the STC (8008 and an u/i unit)

So 3 units have likely been retired.

Also, there seems to be very little 40ft spares in the yard. I know it's a weekday, but it still seemed odd to see so few.

I think 7 are/were out today - 8002 8003 8005 8006 8007 8010 8011. I was on a few of these today. (8003 seems to have been pulled out of service though; it hasn't been used much lately according to t-comm)

2 retirements then?

Edit: 8003 is still in service, it must have left the exchange late or something, it didnt show up in t-comm for a while

If Surrey, Richmond and Hamilton get CNG installed in the Transit Centre the XN could be transferred from PCTC, STC, RTC and HTC which restrict them from being transferred to BTC and VTC.

But I feel like the XNs are the only reliable fleet in PCTC right now.....

The total number of broken bus I've been on or affected by in the month of November:

4x D60LF (out of only 9 boardings!)

3x C40LFR

1x IC Bus "poisonous gas" shuttle

1x GM shuttle

And that was out of a total of 62 boardings

I think 7 are/were out today - 8002 8003 8005 8006 8007 8010 8011. I was on a few of these today. (8003 seems to have been pulled out of service though; it hasn't been used much lately according to t-comm)
2 retirements then?
Edit: 8003 is still in service, it must have left the exchange late or something, it didnt show up in t-comm for a while

8001 and 8009.

Apparantly, not all units will be retired

8004 and 8009.

Apparantly, not all units will be retired

Well, with the last order of XN40, we gained 4 buses since we only retired 41 upon the arrival of 14001. All T/L can do is shuffle resources for te next service changes anyways.

Theres already 2 PCTC buses sitting at OTC anyways.

Don't expect these to arrive until mid Jan. None have been shipped yet according to someone at the STC. Quite the delay, they were expect to be in service by mid Sept.

Thus far, only 2 of the 1998 D60LF's have been retired.

How sure are you? I am going to check out S15001 right now to see if it's at Cullen's

I'm positive I saw that, or another brand new Xde60 in charcoal scheme. Update: they must of took it into the garage or a trailer is blocking it as I passed by it again.

I'm sure you are right. I was questioning the fact that they weren't going to be delivered this year.

Don't expect these to arrive until mid Jan. None have been shipped yet according to someone at the STC. Quite the delay, they were expect to be in service by mid Sept.

Thus far, only 2 of the 1998 D60LF's have been retired.

They were never expected to be in service for September. Read the very first post in this thread for the timeline details outlined in the RFP.

Wait, so what does the 2014 order has to do with this order ?

Sorry if I'm asking too any stupid questions.

More of how the old D40LF were retired.

Basically, from what we saw from the 2014 order, we retired the worst condition of All the D40LF and not necessarily the oldest.

Look at how 8101 and 8086 are at OTC now. Maybe its that trend again. The newer ones seem to be in more rough condition than the older ones.

Wait, I take back my point on gaining 4 buses. Pretty sure the 2014 buses are indirect replacements.