2015 60' Articulated Bus Order (Diesel or Diesel/Electric Hyrbid)

323 Surrey Ctrl Stn

15005 started its service this morning from Guildford. Behind it is 15004.

Also making its debut is 15007.

15002 will be doing the N19 tonight, 26:09 departure from downtown.

I think some of the 1999 D40LF's started out at STC. I've seen some photos of them at Surrey central that were taken in 1999.

Yeah I recall from my childhood that they sent the first 40 or so units to STC and some went to PCTC. P. McLaughlin's site apparently has some running out of BTC.

I was told that these are the first batch of new buses the STC has received since 1992 (I assume the STC received a few new D40's?) . The 2007 D40LFR were introduced in Burnaby and the 1999 D40LF's saw time in Burnaby, Vancouver and Port Coquitlam before being transferred over.

There was a portion of the 1999 D40LF order that was delivered new to STC

If I'm correct that's Tcomm showing that there aren't any standard size buses operating the 96 this evening. 4 15000's and 3 8000's, all articulated. Which means the buses are doing exactly what they were meant to do B)

Ok, cool. By the way, how articulated buses are on the 96 B-line during Saturday?

Do you know if CMBC going to get the 2016 articulated buses?

How many? I assume (due to smaller loads) the regular 2 with the others 40ft

We'll know in the summertime.

Also another conclusion: If the 2016 option pulls through, those would be either 16200s or 16500s (unless the 40 foot order says otherwise).

The plan with the delivery of these XDE60's was to have all 96 runs be articulated. I think with 12 of these, STC is gaining 2 buses as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

STC gains 1 bus, which will allow for 3 spares again.

Daryl Dela Cruz makes mention of it but it strikes me as odd that the City of Surrey (especially the Mayor and Councillors) didn't even acknowledge the new investment in Surrey's transit system. No officials were present at the small photo op, and there was no mention about the new buses anywhere at City Hall today.

STC gains 1 bus, which will allow for 3 spares again.

8800GTX makes mention of it but it strikes me as odd that the City of Surrey (especially the Mayor and Councillors) didn't even acknowledge the new investment in Surrey's transit system. No officials were present at the small photo op, and there was no mention about the new buses anywhere at City Hall today.

Going on, in the article, he says that the appeal of these sleek new buses may attract attention away from LRT. Speaking of appeal, what if this was the reason we ended up with 8001-8012 and 8060 when the line started?

Anyways, I've sent requests to VanCityBuzz to feature my flickr photos should they make an article featuring the new buses. Should not take days until they appear in one of the well-known media outlets. I would not be surprised if VanCityBuzz ends up being the first to feature some article.

Going on, in the article, he says that the appeal of these sleek new buses may attract attention away from LRT. Speaking of appeal, what if this was the reason we ended up with 8001-8012 and 8060 when the line started?

Anyways, I've sent requests to VanCityBuzz to feature my flickr photos should they make an article featuring the new buses. Should not take days until they appear in one of the well-known media outlets. I would not be surprised if VanCityBuzz ends up being the first to feature some article.

It's absolutely true. The City has literally tried to convince the public that any LRT service would be superior to the 96. These new buses are hybrids and emit less exhaust, they are a lot more quiet and pleasant to ride in. Perhaps most significant in Surrey is that they offer a better sense of security with cameras and a brighter interior. They can detour in the event of a road blockage and can be easily swapped out should any mechanical issue arise. How can you sell LRT now?

Several people have actually come to ask why we need LRT now? We are always perplexed as to why our municipal leaders are pushing for this. Paul Lee and our transportation engineers are mere puppets and they refuse to take a stand despite this LRT vision being utterly ridiculous and illogical. The fact that one of the Councillors mocked Daryl for using legitimate stats and facts made me want to quit on the spot.

Anyways, R8060 was on loan since B8009 was getting rebuilt, but the original 96 B-Line saw 7-8 min frequencies with full articulated service on weekends. This required 13 buses (3 for spares). I was working with Translink at the time; they were way off with the projections early on so they scaled back the frequencies to 8-9 min which freed up 2 buses (B8013 and S8012) to be transferred back to the BTC. Not sure why they gave Surrey the oldest 60ft buses in the fleet, but there were plans to bring most of them back to Burnaby and run a mix of 40ft and 60ft buses on the 96. That obviously never happened as ridership increased.

I found the set up at the back row to be a bit odd, first thing I noticed when looking to the back of the bus. Trainer said it was a safety feature, if an emergency brake application was applied, four out of the five people sitting in the back row would have something to brace themselves with which means 4/5 possible injuries could be prevented. Feel bad for the person in the middle though, unless they think fast and grab the poles on either side.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Here are some of my of XDE60 from Saturday:

24835719496_d8a386bf4b_b.jpgS15007 by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

24566521200_5ae62eab73_b.jpgS15007 by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

24744109022_a6e337d348_b.jpgS15007 by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

24744107532_4708dbecf1_b.jpgS15005 by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

24233827064_0fb5662645_b.jpgS15004 by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

24835721736_3914acb443_b.jpgS15004 by Blue Bus Fan, on Flickr

I think these buses are going to be good for the 99 B-line and 135 because of interior layout.

Did you forget my answer last page?

If they select from the worst condition D60LF, that means a mix of 1998-2000 D60LF will be kept in service after the order.

Besided it's too early to determine the next batch of buses to be retired. The last of buses are to be in service before the start of April.

Did you forget my answer last page?

If they select from the worst condition D60LF, that means a mix of 1998-2000 D60LF will be kept in service after the order.

Besided it's too early to determine the next batch of buses to be retired. The last of buses are to be in service before the start of April.

The number that are being retired.