Leduc Transit

M. Parsons

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

mike from edmonton - TTC 9701 is entitled to his opinions and beliefs about PWT. You made similar comments on about a post I made re. a certain coach operator a few months ago. Last time I checked freedom of expression was still a right in Canada and that right doesn't mean we have to explain to those who question said expressions.

mike from edmonton - TTC 9701 is entitled to his opinions and beliefs about PWT. You made similar comments on about a post I made re. a certain coach operator a few months ago. Last time I checked freedom of expression was still a right in Canada and that right doesn't mean we have to explain to those who question said expressions.

Where is he then and why are you chiming in on his behalf? I am still waiting for an explanation regarding his unjustified claim.

No Mike, you are incorrect, I never got into any legal troubles re. a certain line-haul/ charter operator comments. As a former employee I was speaking on my first hand knowledge of their operation(s) as witnessed in person. If others got into trouble I'm not aware of it. Please let me know if someone from that company has been speaking with you in regards to your claims, I could have some fun with that.

And since you made the offer, lets continue the discussion :)

PW Transit? How would you like to have no breaks for lunch?

So TTC 9701, what's your beef with PWT?

This is a discussion board... Mike asked him what his beef was with PWT.

Certainly, everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs and we have the right to free speech in Canada. However, there is libel, slander, and defamation. Now, to be quite frank, I was blown away when I clicked on a link from a Google search simply for "libel and slander" and followed a link to information on Ontario. Seemed like a relevant place to start. I've bolded the part that actually blew me away. I didn't expect to see quite put like that.

A PRIMER ON THE LAW OF DEFAMATION

IN ONTARIO

By Suzanne E. White, B.A., LL.B.

A. INTRODUCTION

While the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms1 guarantees the right of freedom of expression, this right has always been of a limited nature. One of those limitations can be found in Ontario legislation through the Libel and Slander Act (the "Act")2, which prohibits the dissemination of defamatory comments, specifically, spoken or written words that discredit an individual in the estimation of right-thinking members of society generally.

Every province and territory in Canada has enacted similar legislation to protect the victims of either spoken or written communication that can disparage that person's reputation. In this electronic age, communication is packaged in a variety of formats allowing individuals, organizations, government agencies, non-governmental agencies and charitable and not-for-profit organizations the ability to communicate their positions on a plethora of topics, and therefore increasing the opportunity for statements to be misunderstood, and objected to.

http://www.carters.ca/pub/bulletin/charity/2007/chylb125.htm

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not accusing TTC 9701 of libel or slander. I wanted to illustrate that while the guarantee of freedom of expression is in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, perhaps it isn't as free as some assume it is.

Back to this being a discussion board. If I suspect someone of posting BS, I'm going to call it. Despite that everyone is entitled to their views and opinions, everyone should be able to prepared to substantiate those claims when called upon.

Certainly, there are a large number of posters on this board who are known to post accurate information and you'lll rarel see them questioned (and I've seen them admit if when they are wrong). TTC 9701 in contrast, at least his posts I have seen, are anything but. See this example: http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=16736&p=684962 and there have been other posts like this.

Incidentally, he never offered an explanation for his post there, like he hasn't in this thread. He stopped by in a thread, made a shitty post, and never looked back.

Oh, and from my observations, seems a lot of transit agencies operators have straight shifts with no specific time for a break. What in particular is wrong if PWT doesn't have breaks? Seems to be status quo in a lot of cases.

The problem is that too many operators (drivers) are bullied by their employer, colleagues and unions into accepting a workplace that allows straight shifts without breaks. Nova Scotia makes it clear when it comes to work hours vs. break times, with the exception being made for those who fall under a collective agreement. In that case it's up to the employer and bargaining unit to reach an understanding that covers the employees. I worked for one non-union bus operator who claimed my stops at pick up locations were breaks, except I was too busy loading/unloading freight and baggage to enjoy the said breaks. But the busing industry is full of cut-throat co-workers who will kiss their employer's butt while failing to notice their workplace is becoming less enjoyable until it's far too late to react. It's one of the reasons I'm happy to not be working in the industry full time. It would cost me too much to hand out rolls of paper towels so co-workers could wipe the brown off their noses.

Busing contractors like PWT need to make a profit and if saving 15 minutes here, 30 minutes there by not providing lunch or rest breaks adds to the bottom line, then they'll do it.

JC

Next step, I would think, are to have integrated fares similar to what St. Albert and Strathcona County have with Edmonton. Having service to any other Edmonton location would just be duplicating what ETS has in place.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Soooooo.... Do we have a new transit system in Alberta?

http://flyeia.com/On-airport-transit

I was aware that EIA was running a shuttle bus to the new outlet mall, but, didn't realize the extent until an actual visit recently. 

Unlike a lot of airport shuttles, this service has multiple routes, and multiple destinations. While all destinations are on airport land, they are varied and include businesses, a hotel and Costco in the near future, the outlet mall, and a parking lot and of course the airport itself.

The current fleet appears to be Arboc's. I gather that they are just pulled from the EIA parking lot shuttle fleet, but the ones on the transit routes have the external signage. Destination signs are programmed from the transit route, although, I only caught the sign showing "Transit".

DSC07738.thumb.jpg.479c2a2bc587ccccfd24f9728fefd30b.jpgDSC07738a.thumb.jpg.1bc1ee04264bb45c0b971b856f64fc52.jpgDSC07743.thumb.jpg.752c0d968f7937a06506ab679c6b2ad8.jpgDSC07727.thumb.jpg.a7264a00434573367ac1ac4fef72f201.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2018 at 11:10 PM, M. Parsons said:

Soooooo.... Do we have a new transit system in Alberta?

http://flyeia.com/On-airport-transit

I was aware that EIA was running a shuttle bus to the new outlet mall, but, didn't realize the extent until an actual visit recently. 

Unlike a lot of airport shuttles, this service has multiple routes, and multiple destinations. While all destinations are on airport land, they are varied and include businesses, a hotel and Costco in the near future, the outlet mall, and a parking lot and of course the airport itself.

The current fleet appears to be Arboc's. I gather that they are just pulled from the EIA parking lot shuttle fleet, but the ones on the transit routes have the external signage. Destination signs are programmed from the transit route, although, I only caught the sign showing "Transit".

DSC07738.thumb.jpg.479c2a2bc587ccccfd24f9728fefd30b.jpgDSC07738a.thumb.jpg.1bc1ee04264bb45c0b971b856f64fc52.jpgDSC07743.thumb.jpg.752c0d968f7937a06506ab679c6b2ad8.jpgDSC07727.thumb.jpg.a7264a00434573367ac1ac4fef72f201.jpg

Thanks for sharing! How many feet is that Arboc??