4 hours ago, drum118 said:

4401 doing the night shift on 306 and heading to Dundas West Station.

4401 is now in revenue service. It apparently entered service on Thursday, May 14th, 2020

2 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

4401 is now in revenue service. It apparently entered service on Thursday, May 14th, 2020

I have already noted that Posted Thursday at 05:22 AM if you look above your posting as well mine.

All I am saying it was in service as 306 early today and why I noted doing the night shift. Got a lot of mileage to catch-up to 4400 & 4402, let alone the rest of the fleet based on its age.

3 minutes ago, drum118 said:

I have already noted that Posted Thursday at 05:22 AM if you look above your posting as well mine.

All I am saying it was in service as 306 early today and why I noted doing the night shift. Got a lot of mileage to catch-up to 4400 & 4402, let alone the rest of the fleet based on its age.

Unless the vehicle gets badly damaged in an accident and not worth repairing it'll probably be one of the last units to remain in service when the Flexities start retiring 30-40 years down the road. 

1 hour ago, drum118 said:

All I am saying it was in service as 306 early today and why I noted doing the night shift. Got a lot of mileage to catch-up to 4400 & 4402, let alone the rest of the fleet based on its age

Because it entered service already, all other reportings of 4401 or any flexity in service should be posted in the Today's Sightings thread, not here. Just the flexities that are being sent for welding repairs, returning from welding repairs, and are re-entering service from getting welding repairs should continue to be posted here.

On 5/18/2020 at 3:48 AM, drum118 said:

4408 was seen westbound by Belleville Sunday and TTC could see it by Friday or the following week. Will be off site 11 months or a few days short of it, depending when it off loaded

4404 been in Russell carhouse the past few days

4403 & 4407 in the service bay.

4401 doing the night shift on 306 and heading to Dundas West Station.

4408 was in CN's Mac Yard yesterday

Car 4407 has begun on-street testing today, 14 days after re-delivery.

Also, can someone please correct the typo in the wiki article on car 4405? The re-delivery date should read Feb 3, 2020 (not 2019). Thanks!

35 minutes ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4407 has begun on-street testing today, 14 days after re-delivery.

Also, can someone please correct the typo in the wiki article on car 4405? The re-delivery date should read Feb 3, 2020 (not 2019). Thanks!

Fixed!

2 hours ago, Shemar said:

4404 has re-entered service on route 509 Harbourfront.

Only took 69 days after it arrived.

4407 has been out 3 night testing after only been here 15 days.

4403 who been here 84 days is still on the yard service track

4 hours ago, Shemar said:

4404 has re-entered service on route 509 Harbourfront.

So far, this is the longest time that a car has been missing from service due to re-welding.

To recap:

Previous day in service: October 20, 2018

Sent to QC: October 29, 2018

Returned to Hillcrest: March 13, 2020

Total time off-property: 501 days

Re-entered service: May 21, 2020 (69 days after re-delivery)

Total downtime: 578 days

Car 4408 has been delivered by CP to Hillcrest yesterday, but it has yet to be offloaded. With the weekend coming up, it will probably be back on TTC rails on Monday morning (May 25).

• Like 1

4407 is currently testing on 509 and the first day time testing that I know of. Its also the 5th day in a row doing testing and could it be the first to reenter service under 60 day??

40 minutes ago, drum118 said:

4407 is currently testing on 509 and the first day time testing that I know of. Its also the 5th day in a row doing testing and could it be the first to reenter service under 60 day??

Today is actually the fourth day of on-street testing for car 4407 (the first was May 19) and the car has been out during daytime and evening every day since. The first on-street test after re-delivery was done just after 12 noon on May 19, but it was a relatively short one, from Leslie Barns to Wolseley Loop at Queen & Bathurst and back to the carhouse.

As to how long the re-commissioning period will be after the retrofit (that's how the process that has the cars cycled through La Pocatiere is formally referred to as), I think we will have to wait and see.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this about 4401. It was sent off-property for production build and welding repairs on (May 14, 2018) and it returned and entered service two years later on the same day (May 14, 2020).

• Like 1

Car 4408 was finally unloaded at Hillcrest today (i.e. Tuesday, May 26) just after 12 noon, after sitting at the loading dock since last Thursday.

Speaking of coincidences, it was sent off to La Pocatiere on June 28, 2019, so it was off-property for 333 days. Coincidentally, car 4407 was re-delivered to Hillcrest exactly 3 weeks ago, on May 5, and it too was off-property for exactly 333 days, having been sent off to La Pocatiere on June 7, 2019.

Car 4415 was used to tow car 4408 off the railcar transporter this afternoon.

In turn, car 4415 is off-property as of 1 PM today.

Car 4415 headed to Hillcrest earlier this morning, and after it was used to unload car 4408, it was itself loaded up using car 4536 onto the same transporter for the trip to La Pocatiere.

Car 4536 has been at Hillcrest since last Friday (May 22) for VISION installation and is now equipped.

The last day of service for car 4415 was Wednesday, May 13, 2020 as a RAD car on 509 Harbourfront.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4408 was finally unloaded at Hillcrest today (i.e. Tuesday, May 26) just after 12 noon, after sitting at the loading dock since last Thursday.

Speaking of coincidences, it was sent off to La Pocatiere on June 28, 2019, so it was off-property for 333 days. Coincidentally, car 4407 was re-delivered to Hillcrest exactly 3 weeks ago, on May 5, and it too was off-property for exactly 333 days, having been sent off to La Pocatiere on June 7, 2019.

Car 4415 was used to tow car 4408 off the railcar transporter this afternoon.

In turn, car 4415 is off-property as of 1 PM today.

Car 4415 headed to Hillcrest earlier this morning, and after it was used to unload car 4408, it was itself loaded up using car 4536 onto the same transporter for the trip to La Pocatiere.

Car 4536 has been at Hillcrest since last Friday (May 22) for VISION installation and is now equipped.

The last day of service for car 4415 was Wednesday, May 13, 2020 as a RAD car on 509 Harbourfront.

4408 was tracking at Hillcrest in the afternoon and now on the yard service track with 4403 (90 days) that still there.

4407 was out on the service track and now back in side (21 days)

On 5/24/2020 at 1:49 AM, Shemar said:

I don't know if anyone else noticed this about 4401. It was sent off-property for production build and welding repairs on (May 14, 2018) and it returned and entered service two years later on the same day (May 14, 2020).

I have it noted as leaving the property on the 22nd of May, 2018.

Dan

47 minutes ago, smallspy said:

I have it noted as leaving the property on the 22nd of May, 2018.

Dan

Both of you are correct, depending on what one chooses to define as "off-property".

Car 4401 was loaded up onto the railcar transporter on May 14, 2018, so it was off TTC rails on that day.

However, there was a delay at that time on the part of CP, and the shipment was not picked up from Hillcrest until May 22, 2018.

• Like 1

4407 has been out testing the last 2 days and mostly on 509 Thursday.

4408 is now in the service bay.

4403 still sitting on the Yard service track.

4407 has done more testing in the last few days. It was out part of yesterday and out all night. It was out a day or so earlier doing testing.

4403 is a problem car that still on the yard service track. Either it waiting for parts TTC doesn't have on hand, BBD working on a fix or TTC has no room for it to maintain the existing fleet at the time.

4408 may get out by the weekend to start testing like 4407.

2 hours ago, drum118 said:

4407 has done more testing in the last few days. It was out part of yesterday and out all night. It was out a day or so earlier doing testing.

4403 is a problem car that still on the yard service track. Either it waiting for parts TTC doesn't have on hand, BBD working on a fix or TTC has no room for it to maintain the existing fleet at the time.

4408 may get out by the weekend to start testing like 4407.

I hope 4403 enters service, as it is indeed a problem car that hasn't made it anywhere since arriving

1 hour ago, CLRV4094 said:

I hope 4403 enters service, as it is indeed a problem car that hasn't made it anywhere since arriving

Its in the service bay now and has moved in the last few hours.

4407 is back out testing westbound on Queen at The Don